Chapter 37

Brooke POV

I was officially creeped out. The two guards were just standing in front of my cell, occasionally looking back with weird, leering grins.

I slumped against the wall, trying to conserve what little energy I had left. If they came in here, I needed to be prepared to fight to the death before they could touch me.

What felt like eternity went by, with no sounds except for light breaths from me and growly voices from the guards.

The monotony was broken up by a squeaky door swinging open and a slight, shadowed figure walking through the dim basement cellar dungeon thing, whatever I was in.

After conversing lowly with the guards, a girl walked into my cell carrying a tray with a bowl full of what looked like cement.

As she came closer into the dark cell, I had to hold back a gasp. Molly? From school?

She put her finger to her lips with one hand, expertly balancing the tray with another. Her face was panicked, her short, curly red hair swinging back and forth as she shook her head.

Somehow, I still trusted her. Maybe it was the pleading look in her eyes, or the fact that she looked terrified out of her mind.

I nodded, and she came closer and gently set down the tray, her hands trembling. I noticed some dark shapes on her arms and fingers and my eyes narrowed.

She mouthed are you ok, and I quirked my eyebrow in response and gave a pointed look at my chained arms and hurt leg.

She let out a silent sigh and nodded, seeming apologetic. She jumped as the guard snapped at her to hurry up and rushed out of the cell.

What the hell was she doing here? How was she involved? Were those bruises? My mind was racing, my energy restored from the shock I had received.

She certainly didn't seem to be doing this willingly. Maybe, just maybe I had an ally in here. Maybe.

Marcus POV

My fist slammed down on the desk as I glared at the men around me, who were looking everywhere around the room except at me.

"It's been 3 f*cking hours and there's no news," I said calmly, hiding the boiling fury inside my head just screaming to be let out.

"If I don't have any new info within the next 30 minutes, every single one of you will have a f*cking bullet through your brain faster than you can blink," I snarled, staring at their cringing faces.

"Capo–" one brave–or stupid, depending on your definition–man spoke up, flinching as my murderous gaze landed on him. "Have you tried talking to the prisoner, Benny?"

Hmm. That idea had merit. Maybe he wouldn't die with the rest. I nodded abruptly and dismissed the men, ordering one of them to send Lucas in.

He barged into my office, knuckles still bloody from his fight with the wall. "We're going to see Benny. He might have some info."

He nodded firmly and spun around, not waiting for me to leave the office to bolt for the cells.

Lucas dragged Benny out of his 2x2 foot cell, shoving him into one of our interrogation rooms. I smirked as I looked him over; most of his fingers were missing and there wasn't one part of him left unbruised or cut.

My brothers and I had been taking turns beating him up when we got particularly angry about Brooke, taking an appendage each time. It was cathartic.

He stared at me, a manic light in his eyes. "What now, Capo? Here to take another finger? It's not like I've got many left," he cackled hysterically.