a month later...

I've been getting along with everyone pretty well. Well, I haven't really seen much of them outside of a glance at the shop when I grab Delia for lunch or to take a walk. Then, as we were lying in bed, Delia's mom texts her. Yet again she's getting us all together for a little excursion. I agree to go for the sake of Sheryl and we head to bed.

next day...

All day I've been packing which is ridiculous considering it's only a weekend trip. I just don't know what to wear or what I shouldn't wear. I also never stayed the night there, just day trips, so I have no clue if it gets colder at night. I pack long pjs and short sleeved ones with shorts just in case. I grab everything that I could possibly need: pain meds, pads, tampons, you name it.

"Umm baby?" Delia chuckles, "yes" I breathe out and I would laugh at how hopeless I sound if I wasn't actually in distress. "We're going on a weekend trip not preparing for the apocalypse" she teases but my frown deepens and she sighs softly. "Relax, darling" she whispers after kissing my forehead and pulling me close to her.

"It'll be fine. You have no reason to worry" she assured me and I just nod along, wanting to believe everything she says. I take out the unnecessary things I packed so that my bag can actually be zipped. Afterwards we eat a little snack Delia put together and wait for everyone to be ready. Just as the sun is about to set, her mom calls and says that they're heading that way.

We wait a few minutes since my house is literally right by the docks and then we grab our things, going out the back door. Turns out it's just the three of us, the others have their bags on the boat but they decided to swim there. "If you guys wanted to swim... I can drive the boat there by myself" I offer and Delia immediately shakes her head, "baby, it's fine" she states.

"No, no, really. You guys should... I know it's been a while for you and—it'd give me some time to think" I insist and she looks hesitant but we turn to her mom who shrugs a bit. "It would be nice to swim again, and maybe catch up a little just the two of us" she points out, "mom..." the blonde sighs. "I seriously don't mind. Just go. I'll manage" I giggle and she seems conflicted but nods.

She presses a short kiss on my lips, for the sake of her mom I assume. We go out a little bit just to make sure no one sees and then they jump off. Delia comes up and smiles at me while I wave and yell how hot she is. Her mom comes up just as I finish and she laughs as I blush in embarrassment. They dive under and I continue on towards the island.

I really did need the time alone to sort out my thoughts. I'm not really worried about anything happening, it's just general anxiety. I come up on the island and drop the anchor, figuring out how to let the little ramp out. It hums while stretching out to the shore and I just follow my train of thought for a while.

Their mom is so nice for inviting me to their family outing. I'm reminded of how she said I was part of the family at the infamous dinner and I smile. They may be a little rambunctious but I like them all in their own right. I know it'll take me a while to get comfortable around them again but maybe this trip is the start of a new venture of sorts.

I look up and notice the ramp is out and I look back at all the bags. I smile a little as I look at the array of colors. Each girl having a bag the color of their tail; dark green for Diane, coral for Audrey, a pale blue-green for Lana, and purple for Mina. Delia's bag is a shiny silver, almost iridescent color. "Hey" I turn around and see Delia standing before me, hair still wet and tossed into a bun.

"Hi" I breathe out and she smiles softly as she comes closer. I place a kiss on her cheek and then grab my bag and hers. Her mom comes up to and grabs her small bag, Audrey's, and Diane's. Delia takes Lana's and Mina's and then we head up to the house. It's rather quiet again and I get that feeling that settles at the bottom of my stomach.

We drop the bags at the door for the time being and soon enough they come into view, sitting in the living room. The tension in the air is palpable and I clear my throat awkwardly. Mina comes up to me first and a grin spreads on my face seeing her in her natural form. Without a word she pulls me into her arms and I hug her back tightly, slightly surprised.

Lana is right behind her and briefly squeezes me before letting go but she doesn't leave my side. It's like there's a silent agreement between us that I can trust her and she won't leave me. Having Delia is great but when she can't be there, it's nice to have the extra security I suppose. It takes a while but I see Diane rise off the couch and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"I'm sorry" she mumbles, her eyes casted to the floor and her shoulders slumped a bit. "It's ok" I reply and she sighs, "Lana was—is right. We don't normally meet them and you're so sweet I just... well it's not something I expected. I shouldn't have taken that out on you though, it wasn't mature" she offers and I smile, nodding in understanding.

Audrey kind of peeks over her shoulder and when I meet her gaze she looks away. "Ditto" she mutters, Diane glares at her and she steps to the side a bit so I can see her. Her hands are clasped in front of her and she lightly pulls at her fingers. "I may have been a little jealous of Delia" she whispers, "it's just that... well it's solitary—being what we are. The fact that she found someone—that she found you—I just had to come to terms with it" she states.

"I'm truly happy for you both, though" she adds, "thank you" I say with a grin. "And we talked to Delia—all of us. Meeting you and going through all of this... I can say that—at least for me—it's been a learning experience. We've decided not to do that anymore... seeing how it affected you just really doesn't sit right with me" Diane speaks up and my smile widens if that's at all possible.

After we all made up, we put our bags in the respective rooms and then head to the kitchen. It's decided that Sheryl will cook and no one protests, much to her amusement. The rest of us head to the living room to wait, putting on some music and playing some games. The atmosphere doesn't feel as stuffy anymore and I notice even Delia seems less tense.

We eat and then head upstairs, showering and then venturing into the hallway for a moment. Delia and I say goodnight to the others and then retreat into the room and to bed. "I'd say today was a success" she whispers happily and I agree. "I love you, Tia" she says, placing a loving kiss on my forehead. "I love you too" I whisper back before snuggling closer and falling asleep.