Chp 4 - Promise Me

"What do we need to promise?" Soza asked cautiously, still not fully trusting them.

"Well..if you help us around the house, then you can stay." Nina said with a smile, waiting for approval.

"Also, please keep that little black thingy out." Fumiru added.

Shoko looked uneasy, and Soza squeezed her hand to calm her down. She relaxed and started to consider the deal.

"L-Like chores?" Shoko asked. The girls nodded and Shoko turned to Soza, wondering what he thought. Soza thought for a moment and sighed, nodding. Shoko smiled softly at him and turned back to the girls.

"We'll do it. Although..." Shoko said. "I-I'm not sure if I can promise to keep what you call "that little black thingy" out."

Nina studied Shoko cautiously, looking at her every detail. Her small scar at the edge of her chin. Her small strands of black in her pale wavy white hair, her strange colored eyes, which appeared to completely mirror on Soza, with his black hair with small strands of white, same eyes, but Soza had sharper eyes. Nina turned to Soza. He looked about 5 '0, long black messy hair, hitting his shoulders, silver hanging cross earrings, which matched Shoko's, and pale skin.

"She'll try her best." Soza then said, his guard still up. The girls stared and then nodded.

"Also...what is your guy's relationship to each other? You seem close, considering the black weird smoke thing." Fumiru asked.

"What?" Soza asked, confused. Soza was not a good talker.

"Like, are you a couple...?" Nina asked.

Fumiru noticed Shoko blushing a bit, while Soza just stayed silent.

"They areee, aren't they~?" Fumiru teased.

Soza just glared, Shoko just blushed more and covered her face with her other hand.

"U-Um," Shoko said, her face still covered with her hand. Soza stayed quiet, waiting for Shoko's response.

"So it's a deal?" Soza held his hand out to shake, avoiding the question.

"Nuh uh, answer our question first." Nina said. Shoko removed the hand from her face, revealing her flushed face. Shoko just quietly nodded and Soza turned to them, glaring at them because they made Shoko flustered.

"Are you done?" Soza glared and the two girls nod.

"It's a deal." Fumiru responded, shaking Soza's open hand.

"Okay! Let's go shopping now!" Nina squealed. "You can't always borrow our clothes forever."

"U-Um." Shoko nervously fidgeted. "We don't really have any money."

"Aw no, it's alright! I'll pay!" Nina replied, a warm smile on her face. Shoko turned to Soza and he softly shrugged.

"Okay...let's go," Shoko said, a warm smile on her face. She got up, Soza getting up with her.

"Can we talk really quick?" Soza asked Shoko.

"Sure." Shoko responded, as Soza led her to the corner of the room.

"Are you really sure that we should trust them?" Soza asked, a soft demanding tone to his voice.

"I think we can. Will you just trust me for a while?" Shoko said, her voice calming.

"Fine." Soza said. "I'm going to keep an eye on them though."

"Okay." Shoko said, smiling at him softly. "Thank you." Shoko squeezed his hand softly again, walking them back to the girls.

"Okay, we're ready," Shoko said, as the girls smiled and gestured toward the door.