The Destroyer

A Crimson Lance soldier named Master McCloud burst into the room. He is accompanied by two heavily-armored Lance Royal Guards. 
Master McCloud was using an Eridian Cannon, and the powerful, but slow, blasts from the weapon could make short work of anyone caught in them.
Together, the three of them could present a formidable encounter, although the various crates in the room provided ample cover to avoid most of their attacks.

They all went on the attack, shooting at the Vault Hunters, who quickly took cover and shot back at their foes.

After one furious firefight, the Crimson Lance soldiers lay dead on the ground. Steele had left the box during all the commotion.
The group then entered the Crimson Fastness, ie: the base they were under, through a large set of doors leading into the place. They began to make their way through the base, restocking at a nearby ammo vendor as they walked through the grimy industrial-esque halls of the Crimson Fastness, dealing with any Lance soldiers that attacked them along the way. They even saved another CL4P-TP that was in trouble along the way, with Owen repairing the poor robot.
The group soon made it to an area with a bunch of holding cells, where Tannis was being held before them.

Tannis said, "I see you either received my message or came here on some other errand. The Lance locked me in here and shut down the ECHO, but they left my communicator with me. That was really stupid of them. You probably hate me, but I didn't intend to betray you-"
Owen said, "we know, Tannis. We heard your ECHO logs and called Steele's bluff. She wanted the key and wanted us gone."

Tannis said, "indeed. She forced me to do what she wanted under the threat of a bullet to the brain. Sending you after Baron Flynt was her idea, and it seemed like something you'd enjoy, so I went along with it, unfortunately. Now I'm trapped here, and she's taken the Vault Key."
Mordecai asked, "where'd they take it?"

Tannis said, "to where the Vault is, of course. But it's probably impossible to take back the Vault Key or open the Vault now. Let's focus on something else instead. Let's bring the ECHO system back on-line. The Lance locked it down, but I know how we can bring it back, since I pretty much invented it. I wrote some instructions on the back of this paper towel. Find the ECHO command console, and follow my instructions."
She handed Roland the paper towel.
Rolnd said, "Lilith, you and Mordecai keep watch over Tannis. We'll go turn the ECHO system back on."
Lilith and Mordecai nodded as the others went off. They traversed through the building before finding the ECHO Command Console.
Owen cracked his knuckles and said, "let's do this."
He went to the console and plugged one of his wrist devices to it as he followed Tannis' introductions that Roland held up for him to see while Brick watched their backs.
Owen said, "well, the notes Tannis gave us are rambling and disjointed, and appear to be written in the form of an argument with either an invisible cellmate or a rat. However, she also mentioned reactivating three network transmitter consoles in three separate buildings, then returning to this main control console."
Roland said, "let's split up and get those consoles up and running again."
Owen nodded as he disconnected from the console.
The three split up and each went to one of the towers with the network transmitter consoles in them. They each had to get past some Crimson Lance soldiers, but managed it fairly easily before activating the consoles and regrouping back at the main console.

Owen plugged back in and said, "success! The ECHO comms are back on-line."
Roland said, "good. We better go back to the others. Hopefully they got Tannis out of her cell by now."
The group made their way back to the cells, where Mordecai and Lilith had basically torn the door off its hinges in order to free Tannis from her confines.
Tannis said, "I regret not trusting you at first. But I want to make things right. I know where the Vault is, and so does Steele. You know, the one you worked so hard to get for me? Well, she took it. That albino bitch is going to open the Vault unless you can somehow find her and beat her to it. I'm marking a waypoint at the location of the Vault. I don't have to tell you what to do, do I?"
The group nodded as Owen said, "consider her taken down, Tannis…."
….
The Vault hunters now found themselves in a race to reach Steele before she reached the Vault and to do so they had to fight their way through the entire supply chain of Crimson Lance that had preceded before. First the group made their way back to the Salt Flats and digistructed an Outrunner in order to continue forward.
Most of the way they drove there, until they reached an area where they had to proceed on foot.
The way was guarded by the Crimson Lance who had established a base camp for others of their brigade already on the march to the Vault. Much of their encampment could be avoided by heading directly to a narrow path that ran down below the cliff edge. The group dropped off the edge and onto the path before ducking into an area known as: The Descent.
The race got even more tense as the Lance forces awoke the mysterious Vault's enigmatic Guardians standing on guard. They were strange, robotic, purple and spindly, being able to rise into the air, wielding staffs that could shoot lasers!