seventeen

The Heartstopper Cast Interview Each Other | The Group Chat | Pop Buzz MeetsPᴏᴘʙᴜᴢᴢ     •      2

Pᴏᴘʙᴜᴢᴢ • 2.4M ᴠɪᴇᴡs • 2 ᴅᴀʏs ᴀɢᴏ

"Hi, i'm Joe Locke." Joe smiles at the camera, hands folded together neatly.

"I'm Kit Connor." Kit explains as he sits next to Joe, a dimly lit lamp shining between their chairs.

"Hi, my name's Emelia Cordone." Emelia waves toward the camera with a smile on her face.

"Hi, I'm Kizzy Edgell." Kizzy waves at the camera with both hands, an enthusiastic look on their face.

"And today we're going to be interviewing each other," Emelia explains.

"-About our new show 'Heartstopper'" Joe finishes the sentence.

"Describe the moment you got the call to be in Heartstopper." Joe reads off of a question card, looking up at Kit.

"Ooh, sure thing, I actually- I was having dinner with my family, I got a phone call, and I was like 'Okay, well I know what this could be so i'm gonna go upstairs in case it's bad news and I don't really want all these eyes on me so, y'know I went upstairs, got the good news, and I tried to play it as cool as possible- So I end up going downstairs, and not saying anything. And my parents obviously kind of realized what the phone call may have been about so they were sort of 'What happened?!'. And then I was just like 'yeah, i'm just gonna be in a Netflix show...'. Kit explains as Joe chuckles to himself.

"And then um, yeah— I like to think that that's how it went, I feel like I probably didn't play it as cool as that and you could probably head it in my voice. But, I was very very excited." Kit finishes his story, Joe letting out an 'Awww'.

"I was in isolation, so I was on my own in my house just me and my dog, and I got a phone call from my agent and I was like 'Oh god, okay, this is it like, when I answer this phone call it's either gonna change my life.. or not.' and I answered it, and he was like 'Are you sat down?' I was like 'Yeah I am' and he's like 'You got the job' and I just screamed." Joe explains, Kit nodding along with the story.

"I came back from the chemistry read with Corinna, was really overwhelmed, really tired, so I had a nap. Woke up about 3 hours later to a couple of missed calls and I was like 'ohh..'. I called them back, they're like 'You got the part!' and I was like 'Ahhhh!' and then my mum came home and I was like 'Ahhhh!' and it was really exciting. Where were you?" Kizzy explains his story, looking up from the cards and asking Emelia the question.

"I was actually in my childhood bedroom, in America. I was writing a song on the piano, I think my parents were out somewhere so it was just me— and I got a phone call, I saw it was my manager so I just like, took a moment. I mean, i've never acted before, so it was really scary for me, but I picked up the phone on the last ring, my manager was like 'I have some exciting news, are you around anyone right now?' and I was like 'No...' and she was like 'You got the part!' and I just jumped up and started running around my room. And then my parents came home and my girlfriend at the time came over and I literally couldn't keep it a secret, my mom, me, and my girlfriend were all playing animal crossing on the switch and I just burst with excitement and yelled it out." Emelia smiled at the memory, reminiscing on the days before Heartstopper was filmed.