Subject 007

Light knocking was heard on the other side of the door.

Loid lazily rolled off the couch, and slowly made his way across the floor full of junk food and soda cans.

His clothes were streched out, and unwashed. He looked like he hadn't showered for a while. Hair was spiking up in different directions. And he had a peach fuzz, that he never bothered shaving.

Never in anyone's life, not even Twilight himself, would have expected this top tier spy to live like a bum.

But, what can you expect from a man who lost a child and couldn't find her? And his wife completely loosing all motivation to do anything, locked herself up in a room to cry herself to sleep.

Loid sighed. It should have been easy for him, to find one little child!

He even went to the police, but they definitely wouldn't be any help. Everything in Anya's file was made up! And that girl barely had anything in her real file.

His daughter, wherever she is, was just as difficult to reach as his target.

Speaking of which, WISE—or to be specific, his handler, understood the situation. (Might even be the first time the woman was so gentle with him, despite his growing sloppiness.)

Operation Strix was put on hold, until they could find Anya Forger.

Loid growled under his breath, 'I don't know who the bastard that took her is..... But, once I find them I'll make that jacka** live a life of h*ll!'

The knocking got louder.

"Calm your f**king a**! I'm coming!" Loid cursed as he stomps his way towards the door, with heavy footsteps.

He slams the door open, ready to yell again. But, held it in when he found no one face to face with.

He eyes slowly went down, to meet the faces of four traumatized children.

"O-Oh... Damian, Becky... And..." Loid trailed off, trying to remember the names of the two blondes.

He gave up, shaking his head.

"I-I'm so sorry... I thought you were another sales man or Dr. Frost, or.... whatever..." He apologized to the children, scratching his nape.

'He's really let himself go...' All four kids thought, as they stared up at the disheveled man.

"So... What brings you kids here...?" The man asked.

"W-Well, Mr. Loid.... Our teacher assigned a group project..." Becky explained.

"But, you know...? Since we were... one student short, the class was an odd number....." Ewen added. "So, we're the only group with four members..."

"But, we insisted with the teachers to consider Forger as a group mate anyway. And we thought to come here to do the project, so we could maybe check on how you and Mrs. Forger were doing... A-And if there are any leads on Anya....?" Damian explained.

Loid was surprised, but touched.

He remembers that his daughter wasn't on good terms with the young Desmond or his little friends, and that almost everyone in her class didn't like her. So hearing this made him happy.

And not because of the mission. But, because it means some of Anya's classmates do care about her.

He smiled, "Thank you, if only.... Anya was here to see how much you care. Sadly.... there are no leads yet. But, I'll let you know as soon as there are..."

Loid slowly closed the door, "Hang on a moment. Let me clean up in here first...!" He shuts the door.

The four kids stood outside and waited. They heard vacuum noises, things being moved around, and sweeping on the other side of the door.