CHAPTER 2

VIDHYA POV

"Common Vidhya you can do it , just take a deep breath and concentrate on the codings!" I mumble to myself.

'Access denied' I groaned again as I got the same thing . "Last 1 minute contestants, LAST ONE MINUTE" the anchor announced to all the contestants.

I started to type again , one last chance to breach the systems firewall. I tap start and prayed the god.

"We have a winner everyone, we have a winner!" The anchor shouted as the whole crowed cheered up. I looked at my computer to find I have successfully breached the firewall.

"You did it" my friends shout back from their seats. I smile at them and turn my attention towards the anchor. He signals me to step forward, we were last 4 finalist and in this contest I have won.

This was a cyber security breach check tournament. I smile as they announce me as the winner. After I received my certificate from the cyber department head officer sir Raj Kiran .

"Your performance was truly impressive , you have a bright future ma" he said , I replied with a "Thank you sir". I walk towards my friends as they both were grinning like kids. "Well you know what time it is ?" Rupa asks as I reach both of them . "It's around 4 pm di?" I tell her.

As always dramatic person, " Ayyoo , not that time Vidhu . It's PARTY TIME" she yell and completes it with a wide grin. I look at her like 'have you gone crazy!" . She just looks at Kruthika my other bestest friend . She shakes her head , Rupa pouts sadly and looks at me with a pleading look.

I shake my head telling her 'no'. "Rupa tomorrow we have exam , so we have to read . Let's go to hostel . Come on " kithu tells Rupa as I nod my head. With a defeated look she follows us. We went to our hostel in our scooters.

We all reach our hostel and park our scooters in the parking lot then enter our room. After fresh up , I find my besties preparing for tomorrow's exam as they are from different departments. I don't have any exam tomorrow so I decided to call my mom.

"Hello Amma , how are you?" I ask her.

"I am fine da , how are you?" She questions back. I reply her fine and we chat about her daily day , enquire her about my big brother and dad. "Vidhu , festival is coming . So be here before day so that you can help in preparation" she tells me, I reply a ok back.

"I forgot to tell you da, your mama is also in Chennai . If you have any problem contact him ." She tells me.

I furrowed my brow and asked her, "Arjun bro is in Chennai?" " no Vidhu , your mama Varnesh is in Chennai , he got transferred to Chennai da. So any problem contact him" she tells me.

I give her a quick ok mom and tell her I have some work and cut the call. So he is here in Chennai! It's been years since I saw him.

"Vidhu!" "VIDHYA" I jerk and turn towards them. Once to find Rupa laughing like hyena and Kruthika glaring at me.

"What happened ?" I ask them . Kruthika glares at me and tells , "I have been calling from last 5 mins madam!" I give her a sheepish smile.

"Anyway since I have your attention we are going to a party!" "I am sorry what" I ask her seriously party .

I shake my head no , "well fine you be in room we will be back before 8 pm" she tells me . I look at her and Rupa , I rise my eyebrow at them.

"Don't you guys have exam tomorrow?" "Yes but we completed so we are going to party . You are welcome to come with us!" I shake my head.

They both get ready for their party as I watch a coding class Video on YouTube .

"Well we will be get going in a cab Vidhu , take care bye" they both yell as I look at them leaving. " you girls too and no alcohol . Take care" I shout back.

Well it's just me and my laptop . My stomach growls in hunger so I pick a cup noodles and pour hot water , set it for a min . After having the noodles and watching new web series I look at the wall clock to find it's already 8 pm . They both weren't back.

I was about to call them , instead I get a call from Kruthika . "Hello kithu , where are you guys?" I quickly questioned her.

" Vidhu can you come pick us up please . Come fast " she tells me . Before I could ask her , the call cuts. I retry but its switched off. I quickly get my hoodie and wear it . Since I was wearing my sweatpants and t-shirt and the night is cold too.

I get the scooters key and drive to the party place.

I reached the location, i dialled Kruthika's number. "Hello where are you ? I am outside the club . Ok . Ya come fast" I hanged the call. "Vidhu" I turned my head as I heard my name , I looked at Kruthika dragging a very drunken Rupa . I quickly rushed towards them.

"Vidhu you-you h-*hiccup* have a twin" Rupa said and giggled. I look at Kruthika, narrowed my eyes . "What did she drink, where were you when she drank alcohol Kruthika" I asked her.

"I swear I just went to find restroom but when I returned she was having a drink . I asked her she said apple juice so I just let it slide but I didn't know that the drink was spiked" she looked down and whispered.

I rubbed my forehead in irritation, some people stand so low just to spike a person's drink to take advantage latter. " it's fine just let's go home , we will discuss about this latter" she nodded her head , Rupa was giggling to herself like a mad person.

We three sat on my scooter. I rode the bike as Rupa sat behind me and Kruthika sat behind Rupa ,For safety purpose. It was about 30 mins drive from our hostel, it's already 9 pm so I just wish we don't get caught my the pol-. Oh shit it's the police, what to do none of us can get down as Rupa is drunk.

"Hey Stop, stop" the cop stops us , that's it . I brought my license and everything, it's just we broke no triples on a scooter rule.

"Good m-morning poliscarr (police officer )" Rupa tells the police officer. The officer tilts his head to see behind me.

"Nadu Rathirila good morning soldriye ma" he tells her as he looks at us with a suspicious look .
(it's already night your saying good morning)

"Aiyyo amaidhiya irudi" I tell her to be quite. " you are drunk aren't you" he ask Rupa as she happily nods her head.

The police officer looks at me and Kruthika as he tells " padikira vayasula kudichitu indha time la varinga. (At this age you have to read not drink) . Should I call your parents to inform about these activities " he tells us.

I shook my head , " sir this is the first time , we won't do this again . Please forgive us this one time sir . Please" I plead him. " sorry ma, I can't. New ACP is strict and he is the rounds if he finds I let you guys to go . I might lose my job" he tells.

As I was about to ask him again. I hear a jeeps sound, I turn my head . " Shanker, what's the problem there?" I hear a voice. The police officer who was with us rushed towards the car. I tun my head to find Kruthika's face filled with worry.

After what felt like 5 mins the same police officer named Shanker walked towards us. " You have to pay the fine Tomorrow in the police station. You are free to go ma. Go carefully" he informs us. I give him a smile and ok .

[ Fine is a sum of money that you have to pay for breaking a law or rule.]

Then I turn my head towards the jeep , I couldn't see ACP sir's face due to the night darkness but I was glad he left us with just a fine.

Soon we reached the hostel and went to our bed.

After a lots of water and lemon , Rupa slightly sobered up.

"Vidhya ,Vidhuu . Sorry dii . Please forgive me . I just asked a apple juice but I didn't know it was spiked." Rupa pouted with a sorry look. I just wanted them to be safe since Chennai was not that much of a safer place.

"It's fine but no party or club" I said to both Rupa as well as Kruthika. They both nod their head with a smile ne hugged me.

"So whose gonna go pay the fine" Kruthika asks . I looked at Rupa , "oh no I have an exam so I can't go" "me to" both Rupa and Kruthika tells me.

............................................................