♡(·•᷄‎ࡇ•᷅)Just a Touch of Jealousy凸( •̀_•́ )凸♡

The Thousand Sunny sailed proudly into Water 7's harbor. Zoro leaned against the railing, scanning their surroundings with a critical eye. As battle-ready as ever, though internally his senses prickled with a foreign irritation.

Luffy whooped excitedly beside him, stretching his rubbery arms to cling to the mast. "I can't wait to explore the city!" the captain exclaimed. His enthusiasm was infectious as always - except for a brief twitch in Zoro's brow at Luffy's mention of exploring alone.

Soon the Straw Hats disembarked the sunny, splitting up after Nami and given them all some allowance to complete various tasks around the island. Luffy stretched off ahead, declaring he'd see them all back at the ship later, irritating the red haired navigator beyond belief. But his shouted "Meet me at Galley-La!" was barely heard over a bubbly voice calling Luffy's name through the crowds.

"Koby?!" Luffy greeted the approaching navy officer with a broad smile. "It's so good to see you!"

Zoro hung back, watching their enthusiastic catching up with a pinprick of discontent. It had been years since Alvida's old pirate ship - so why did this pink-haired marine so easily slip into Luffy's company like an old nakama?

Their reunion took Luffy away to tour the city, and Zoro reluctantly turned to his errands with a sour mood he couldn't quite place. Through the day his work was punctuated by errant thoughts of Luffy laughing with Koby, no doubt getting them both into trouble as always. Evening fell before Zoro realized he'd lingered too long picking up supplies, missing their planned rendezvous.

He stomped onto the ship to find it empty except for Robin reading quietly. "Where's Luffy?" Zoro grunted, not meeting her knowing gaze. When Robin simply replied Luffy hadn't returned yet either, Zoro felt an unfamiliar stab of apprehension. But he refused to show such weakness, retreating below deck to train vigorously until exhaustion took his mind off Luffy's prolonged absence.

Night had fully descended by the time quick footsteps sounded on deck. Zoro emerged to see Luffy finally returning, cheeks flushed and hat askew from another energetic adventure. But Luffy wasn't alone - Koby followed close behind, equally windswept and grinning.

Zoro's eye twitched involuntarily. Something about this marine boy, who so easily shared in Luffy's smile and company, struck a nerve deeper than any foe's blade ever had. Before he knew it, Zoro confronted them with a snarl.

"You're late, Captain. Enjoy your date with the navy?"

Luffy cocked his head, oblivious as ever to Zoro's biting tone. "Shishishi, it wasn't a date! Me and Koby were just catching up."

But Koby blanched at Zoro's accusing scowl, rubbing the back of his head nervously. "S-sorry if we worried anyone. I should get back to my ship now..."

Grumbling, Zoro let the boy scamper off while Luffy chattered happily about their day's misadventures. Beneath Zoro's frown though, confusion warred with an unwelcome jealous streak he couldn't explain. As first mate, his concern for the crew's wellbeing was simply doing its job... wasn't it?

Over the next few days, Luffy divided his time between preparations to set sail again and more visits with his old friend Koby. Each encounter left Zoro more irritable, as if this threat couldn't be vanquished with steel alone. Robin began shooting him knowing looks that only worsened his mood.

His frustration reached a head one afternoon as Zoro finished maintenance below deck and climbed topside to find an unwelcome sight. Luffy and Koby sat side by side on the figurehead, the sound of their carefree laughter carrying over the docks. Before he knew what he was doing, Zoro stalked across the deck to confront them.

"Shouldn't you be getting back to your ship, marine?" Zoro towered over a cowering Koby, voice pitching dangerously low.

But Luffy hopped down between them, frowning up at Zoro with rare sternness. "Hey, lay off Koby! He's my friend."

The casual affection in Luffy's tone was like salt in Zoro's wounds. Unable to stand it any longer, he snapped. "Friend? Don't make me laugh. He's just using you, Captain - can't you see he's waiting for the chance to arrest us all?"

Luffy's eyes narrowed into slits. "Take that back."

Zoro scoffed. "Why should I? Wake up and stop being so naive already!"

With an anguished cry, Koby fled the ship, tears streaming down his pink cheeks. Luffy rounded on Zoro, gears visibly turning behind his rage. And for the first time, Zoro saw a look of profound hurt shining in those innocent brown eyes.

"Zoro...why are you being so mean?" Luffy's voice was quiet, small.

All of Zoro's bluster deflated in an instant at that wounded tone. He wanted to grab Luffy and shake some sense into him - but more than that, he just wanted to take that hurt away. Running a hand roughly through green hair, Zoro sighed in defeat.

"I'm... sorry, Captain. I didn't mean to upset you or the kid. It's just..." Zoro faltered, the unfamiliar words sticking in his throat.

But Luffy waited, head tilted, an uncharacteristic patience in his eyes that compelled Zoro to keep going.

"You spend so much time with him, laughing and having fun. I guess... I got..."

"Jealous?" Robin supplied helpfully from where she'd been eavesdropping nearby.

Zoro shot her a withering glare but didn't deny it. Looking back to Luffy, all his usual bluster melted under that earnest gaze. "You're our captain. I don't want you getting distracted..."

Luffy frowned in thought a moment longer, before breaking into a trademark grin. He stretched his arms out to coil around Zoro's broad shoulders in a hug, pressing their cheeks together affectionately.

"Zoro's such a worrywart!" Luffy laughed, stretching the tension from Zoro's body with his carefree mirth. "Koby's my friend but you'll always be my first mate. I'm not going anywhere."

Warmth spread through Zoro's chest, deeper than any sake. Returning Luffy's grin, he ruffled the captain's messy black hair, finding resolution and comfort in this new clarity between them at last.

Their bond, while undefined, ran deeper than any other.

—————————————————-
This is completely non canon i guess. Water 7 was just the first town that came to mind TvT