Chapter 3

One day I was going home after class by bus.
I didn't have a part-time job today.

I fell asleep sitting on the bus due to exhaustion. So I couldn't get off at my stop.

After a long sleep, the bus driver woke me up.

"Hey girl this is the last stop, where do you want to go?"

"Ohh sorry, I fell asleep and didn't know."

She answered and quickly got out of the bus and started walking.

She had no idea what that place was. It was getting very late and it was raining.

She took the phone and checked the time. Her phone was very low on charge.

She called her cousin on the phone to come and pick her up.

Actually she was not alone in this city, she also has her cousin in here.
But he thinks of her as a nuisance.
His girlfriend doesn't like her either. That's why they don't talk much.

But now she had no choice but to call him.

She called him and luckily he took the call before the call was over.

"What now Eva, Why are you calling and bothering me...?" he asked in a disgusted voice.

"I'm sorry to bother you... I think I've lost my way and I don't have enough money to come back."

"And so ?"

"If you don't mind, can you come and get me?!" I can hear his girlfriend yelling over the phone.

"I'm bit a busy" he said and hung up.

I don't know why, I was so angry and sad.

I was angry with myself for calling him.

The rain has started to fall well now. The sky darkened.

I'm still standing in that rain like nobody wants me.

It feels like hot tears are coming from my eyes, maybe they are not tears but raindrops... otherwise why am I crying? I'm a strong girl and I don't cry over little things like that.

Then a car stopped near me. I looked up.

It was Freddie.

He doesn't say anything, just stares at me. By the time I opened my mouth to speak to him...

"Get in..."

"Huh..?"

"I said get in the car."

I felt like he was commanding me.

But I sat in the car without saying anything.

"Where do you live?" He asked me.

I told him my address. Our journey was very quiet. It made me very uncomfortable. I had to talk to him about something. But my helplessness did not allow me to anything.

He stopped the car in front of my house.

I got out of the car and before I could even thank him he drove the car away.