KATIE MCBATEY AND THE AMAZINGLY LAZIEST RAINIEST DAY

Katie McBatey yawned and stretched her arms. She sat up in bed and turned off her alarm.

"It's raining outside. I don't feel like leaving my bed today. I'm going to go back to sleep and do nothing all day! I'm going to treat myself to an amazingly laziest rainiest day!"

When her mom flipped on the light, Katie yelled out, "Hey! It's too bright! The light is hurting my eyes!" 

To which her mom quickly replied, "It's time to get up my little sleepy head, time to rise and shine!"

Katie didn't rise and she definitely didn't shine. She peeked out from under the covers and then quickly pulled the blankets back over her eyes.

"Mommy! Turn it off please! It's too bright with the lights!  She politely replied. It's dark and it's rainy. So I'm going to stay in bed and do nothing all day! I'm going to treat myself to an amazingly laziest rainiest day!

"Katie McBatey! Get up now young lady! There are lots of things to do inside even when outside it is raining!" 

"But mommy, I don't want to!" she objected while she was complaining. It's dark and it's gloomy out there. Why can't I stay in bed all day? I just feel like being lazy!"

Katie's mom didn't answer her. She shut the light off and closed the door. She didn't feel like arguing with her and knew Katie would come out as soon as she got hungry or get bored. 

While Katie layed in bed, outside it was raining and raining and raining. Her mom was busy downstairs setting up board games and doing a little baking. 

Even though her door was closed the wonderful smell of cookies baking snuck under her door and crept right up to her nose and kept poor Katie wide awake. 

Her mommy's plan was working. Katie's tummy started growling. Those cookies smelled so good and yummy. She jumped out of bed and started running. 

She peeked around the corner. Her mommy pretended not to see her. When Katie's tummy started growling louder, she thought her plan had worked for sure.

When Katie finally ran back upstairs, her mommy started to frown. She really thought the cookies would do the trick and she'd join her to gobble them down. 

Her mommy started smiling though when a bright idea popped into her head. 

"Katie won't be able to resist this for sure. This will surely get her out of bed!"

Her mommy made all the arrangements. She decorated the whole house. She wanted Katie to be so surprised when she came down to check it out. 

Suddenly the house was filled with laughter from lots of family and friends. There were snacks and games and brightly colored balloons everywhere. Her plan to spoil her lazy day made Katie's mommy grin. 

Katie was pleasantly surprised when she snuck down to take a peek. She eagerly joined her mommy's surprise pajama party and giggled as they all played hide and seek. 

They ate cookies and drank some milk and played all sorts of fun games. While outside it still looked awful gloomy and continued to rain and rain and rain.

But, inside it was dry and warm. The whole group was in their pajamas. The house was filled with good food and fun. Nobody even heard the thunder over all that laughter.

Her mommy smiled as she watched Katie laugh and play and was simply amazed she had forgotten all about her plan to stay in bed all day.

Katie was still enjoying her amazingly laziest rainiest day but thanks to her mommy, it instead became an amazingly pajama party rainest day!

Comments and votes are always welcome and very much appreciated. You can click anywhere on the page and click the star to vote. ⭐ I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you for your support ❤

All Rights Reserved
©️ Bobbie J Lowrey 2023

*If you are reading this book anywhere but Wattpad, it has been stolen and published without my consent and my copy rights have been violated and infringed upon. Please let me know immediately so I can take legal action against them.

 Please let me know immediately so I can take legal action against them