I Would Never - Kyra Cooney-Cross x Male! Reader

Request from @AndreaLottin !

---------------------

"Sam?" Kyra asked her captain tentatively, a look of nervousness painted across her youthful features. "Could I talk to you for a minute? It's important."

"Sure," Sam smiled, excusing herself from the room and put into the empty hallway with the young Gunner. "What's up Ky?"

The Midfielder fidgeted with her fingers, eyes downcast towards the floor. "You know how Y/N is coming tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"I haven't told him that I'm- that I'm pregnant yet," Kyra swallowed, wringing her hands nervously behind her back. "I'm just worried. Like- what if he doesn't want to be a dad? What if he doesn't want me anymore? What if- what if-"

"Kyra," Sam placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Stop. Y/N loves you way too much. Besides, we all know how caring he is. He's not gonna just abandon you and the baby just because this all popped up."

"Y-yeah, okay," Kyra mumbled. "I hope you're right."

Sam pulled her into a hug. "Nothing's gonna change. That man is hopelessly in love with you, so don't sweat it."

The Midfielder genuinely smiled for the first time in days. "Thanks, Sam."

"Anytime."

-----------------

"Hi, leifde," you greeted, kissing the top of Kyra's head softly. "Are you alright? You look a bit pale."

Her face flushed in a panic. "I- IHAVESOMETHINGTOTELLYOUCOMETOMYROOMWHENYOUCAN!"

She darted off, leaving you confused as the entirety of the Matildas facepalmed.

"This girl," Cortnee sighed. "She's almost as hopeless as her boyfriend."

"Wat?" You blinked, your Dutch accent a heavy contrast to the Aussie Forward's. "I didn't- wat?"

It was Macca who took pity on you, grabbing your luggage and heading off. "I'll take your stuff up to your room, go have a chat with Kyra."

You frowned. "Did I do something? Wat is er aan de hand?" (What is going on?)

Steph shook her head. "You're fine, but she's got something important to tell you."

"Right." You slowly began trudging up the stairs, confused as to why Kyra had just ran off the minute you'd shown up. Maybe you'd forgotten National Girlfriend's Day? No, that was last month. Your anniversary? Definitely not.

You pushed those thoughts aside as you knocked on her door, sliding your phone into your pocket as you waited.

She pried the door open, quickly pulling you inside and shoving you onto a chair as she began to pace back and forth.

"Schatje, what ever is the matter?" You questioned, running a hand through your silky hair. "I'm not a mind reader, you need to tell me what's going on."

She slammed the bathroom door open, reaching inside and grabbing something with shaky hands. "H-here."

You stood up, walking over to take whatever object her hand was tightly wrapped around.

"I know it's unexpected, but it's yours and I-"

You cut off your rambling girlfriend by smashing your lips onto hers, pulling her into your arms.

You broke the kiss, a wide grin on your face. "I love you, schat. I can't wait."

She pressed her face into your chest, wrapping her small arms around your middle. "So... you're not gonna leave me?"

You smacked your palm into your forehead. "Oh mijn verdomde god, no! I would never!"

Kyra glanced up at you momentarily, faced with embarrassment. "I was just askin'."

"Askin' a stupid question," you snickered. "Your teammates know, ja?"

"Mhm, you wanna head down?"

"Of course, leifde."

-----------------

"Oh, would ya' look at that!" Alanna scoffed, crossing her arms as you and Kyra walked into the room hand-in-hand. "He's still here, Ky!"

Your girlfriend turned red with embarrassment, burying her face into your side. "Shut up!"

"Schatje, it was a bit of a dumb assumption to think I'd leave you," you said, brushing a piece of lint off Kyra's head. "Jij bent veel te schattig, I wouldn't dream of it."

Ellie sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You two are such hopeless romantics, no wonder you found each other."

You shrugged, lifting Kyra up and slinging her over you shoulder with ease as she yelped in surprise. "As I said, she's far too cute for me to resist."

Mini raised an eyebrow. "When did ya' say that?"

"Like, twenty seconds ago."

"Ohhh," Caitlin nodded. "Mate, the rest of us don't speak Dutch."

"I thought you would have picked up a few words by now."

Steph huffed as your girlfriend wrapped her arms around your neck. "Well, sorry we're not observant enough for you, Y/N."

"You should be."

"Fuck you, Lover Boy."

"You'll have to fight Kyra for that, mijn vriend."

"EW!"

-------------
That took me waaaay too long to write, my apologies 🙏

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!