TWENTY SEVEN

—[ r u n ]— }{{ don't you find it strange?Only thing we share is one last nameDid I beat you at your own game?Typical of me to put us all to shame }past; 02

—[ r u n ]—
}{
{ don't you find it strange?
Only thing we share is one last name
Did I beat you at your own game?
Typical of me to put us all to shame }
past; 02

c h a p t e r t w e n t y s e v e n
「 m y s u n 」
}{

There was something about growing up with terrible parents. It made people pity you and gave you an excuse to act the way you did. It turned you into a freak show for people to pity. But of course that was only for boys. Boys were the only ones allowed to act out and still be called boys. Girls have to become women young. She may be 13 but society wants her to act 25 with 3 kids. No one cares about what a man does because they will always have an excuse for their behaviour. Woman could have the exact same problem, maybe even something worse but society will still call them unruly, too masculine to be a woman. Acting out was a man's job after all.

So why do we call women emotional when it's men that we allow to act out and throw tantrums like they're children?

Yuki didn't always want to be a doctor. She wanted to go into the police force, as a detective. It looked fun. But looking further into the job and the reasons behind many laws and the rulings made in court, left a sour taste in Yuki's throat.

The law was shit.

The world was shit.

So Yuki decided to be a doctor instead. It was a better job than grilling women harder for the same crimes a man commits.

There was a public perception that young women were becoming more violent in comparison to boys. Why were girls her age called women while boys were still boys? Unfair in Yuki's opinion. No matter what the public says, vast majority of crime was still committed by men. Men would always be the number one thing to fear.

A criminologist once said there are fewer female criminals because women are naturally passive, more conservative and less smart than men. Absolute bullshit.

"The ordinary female criminal is particularly unnatural, she is masculine and virile and shows no inversion to all the qualities which specifically distinguish the normal woman; merely reserve, docility, and sexual apathy"

Disgusting. Yuki couldn't believe how utterly disgusting the law was. That's why she decided to become a doctor was a better idea than listening to absolute bullshit. But thankfully, all those ideas were old now and revised. Thank fuck. Now the law, criminologists, in particular, look more at the person's surroundings.

But even then, it still doesn't make any sense to Yuki. Both her and Mikey don't have parents but she's still given more shit for what she does in comparison to him. It makes her a bit envious sometimes, wishing she was a boy instead— head empty filled only with cars, bikes, lying and cheating. Oh well, she thinks, Mikey would have beat me up if I was a boy.

RUN | MIKEY SANOOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara