VII

"Today's meeting is to discuss the marketing strategy based on which our company will go forward." Ryan said. We were all sitting in the conference room.

"Chloe, can you please note down everything?" He asked.

"Sure." I started typing in all the ideas that the colleagues came up with.

The meeting was over soon, and I went into my office. The phone rang and I picked it up.

"Come to my room in five minutes. You need to sort out some files." Ryan said and cut the phone.

After five minutes, I went to his room. The door was open, so I just pushed it a little bit, and saw something horrific. Ryan making out with some blonde. He pulled away as soon as he saw me. He fixed his tie.

"Oh, um, Chloe." He acknowledged.

"Isn't she Jessica from the Administration department?" I asked.

She looked at me, and then looked down.

"Leave." Ryan said. I thought he was saying it to me, but he was looking at her. She fixed her shirt and left.

"I--" Before he could complete his statement, I burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Are you paying her extra to keep her mouth shut?" I asked, pushing away the slight jealousy that rose up in the back of my mind.

"She knows that nobody will believe her even if she told people." He shrugged.

"How many colleagues have you done this with?" I asked.

"That's none of your business." He snapped.

"It obviously is, since I'm one of them."

"You're not the same as all of them." He muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. Why do you care anyway? You are with that Ethan guy." He sassed.

"One, I care because you toyed with my emotions. Two, I am not with Ethan."

"I didn't toy with your emotions! If I had done that, you would have left the company long back."

"Oh, so you kick out every employee you make out with?"

"You're not getting it, are you? You aren't like the rest."

"So what makes me different from the rest huh?"

"You will never get it. Now,sort these files out." He said and passed me a set of files.

"I can't believe I like a person like you." I mumbled. I can't believe I said that.

"What?" Ryan asked, looking surprised.

"I didn't say anything."

"If you say so." He said and grinned.

God, why was this happening to me?

"How about we go for lunch together?" He asked.

"Today?"

"Yes. There's this Chinese restaurant down the road."

"O-okay."

"Great." He said.

I sorted out the files and the sheets within them, and it was already lunch time.

"I'll meet you in the parking. My car is the Range Rover in 321B. I have to make an urgent call." He said. I nodded.

I took my phone in my purse and went to the parking. I didn't know why this was happening, but I liked it.

I went to the parking and reached his spot. He came after five minutes.

"Hey, sorry. Let's leave?" He asked.

"Yeah sure."

We got into his car, and he started driving.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"What? Am I not allowed to take my secretary to have lunch?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

We reached the restaurant soon.

"Reservation for Ryan Anderson." He said to the man.

"Yes sir. Welcome. Table for two right?"

"Yeah."

"Please come this way, sir." He said. We followed him to a  table for two. Ryan pulled the chair for me to sit. That was sweet. A woman came up to our table.

"I'm Rebecca. I'll be serving you today." She said, and then smirked at Ryan.

"What would you like to have, sir?" She was batting her eyelashes at him.

"Uh, I'm just gonna have noodles. What about you, Chloe?" He asked.

"The same."

"And what do you want to drink?" He asked me.

"Water." I said.

"So, two plates of noodles and two glasses of water please." He told Rebecca.

"Sure. I'll be back." She winked at Ryan,but he didn't seem to care.

"She's flirting with you." I said.

"Honestly, I don't give a damn. I'm here with someone who can pretty much distract me from everybody around." He smiled. I blushed.

Rebecca came back with the glasses of water. She delicately placed one in front of him. She brought the other glass near me and dropped it on my lap. Bitch.

"I'm so sorry ma'am." She said fakely.

"Call your manager." Ryan said.

"Why, sir?"

"I said clal him right now. " He said through gritted teeth. She went to get him.

"Chloe, are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just a little bit of water. Nothing to worry about." I said while wiping my dress with the paper napkin.

She brought the manager soon.

"Sir, any problem?" He asked.

"One, she dropped the water purposely on my girlfriend. Two, she's been over friendly ever since we came here. You know that I'm Ryan Anderson right?"

The manager nodded.

"And you know that I can get your restaurant shut right?"

"I'm sorry sir. I ensure you this will not happen in the future. The food for you is free. Extremely sorry. Rebecca, you're fired." He said.

Both of them left.

"You didn't have to be so harsh, you know?" I said.

"Nobody hurts you in front of me." He stated.

"I'm your girlfriend huh?" I smirked.

"I had to make an effect on that guy. Anyway, I don't mind." He smirked.

"But I thought that you don't do relationships?"

"I don't."

"Then?"

"It's deeper than just that, sweetheart."

Wait what?