Prologue

Before The Death of the Detective

Ding dong. The doorbell to the new Moriarty mansion rang. Upon hearing this, Louis, the third brother of the Moriarty's came to see who was intruding them during their free time.

As the door opened, it was Sherlock Holmes, the former detective who "captured" the lord of crime but "gave" his life for the sake of it. "Mr Holmes!" Louis exclaimed. "May I ask what you are looking for at this hour?"

Despite asking this question, Louis knew that Holmes only come to look for William. To be honest, Louis despises Sherlock for capturing his precious older brother's heart but he decided to hold down the grudges as it was still Sherlock Holmes who had helped his brother.

"Is Liam in?" It was as if on cued, William emerged from the background and came to the front door, smiling warmly upon seeing who was at the door. "Louis, you can go back. I'll accompany Sherly" Louis cringed at the name Sherly but he didn't show. He simply nodded and he went back to the living room to accompany Moran with another card game.

After seeing that Louis was gone, Liam let Sherlock inside his house, closing the door behind him. "Sherly!" Liam said happily as he pulled Sherlock into a tight embrace, the detective returned the gesture. "Hello, love" Sherlock said happily.

"What are you doing here?" Sherlock awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as he sighed . "I came to say goodbye" William looked at Sherlock bewildered. "—Temporarily!" He immediately add to not confuse the blonde.

The Blonde silent always scares the detective. "Let's talk in my room" William said as he took the detective's hand and lead him to his room. As they got there, Liam closed the door.

"Are you going back to America?" William asked as he turned around to face the detective. The detective sighed as he nodded. "I've got a telegram from Billy.. there is another mission that needed me to personally go" "let me go with you then—" "Liam, no" Sherlock said as he stepped closer to his lover.

"It has only been 5 days since we had returned to England, you have to stay with your brothers alright?" Sherlock reasoned with William as he pressed a soft kiss on the blonde's head.

The blonde sighed as he nodded. Sherly is right. I've just returned from my 'death', I need to stay with them.

The detective smiled upon seeing the blonde being obedient and not trying to persuade him into letting William go with Sherlock. "I will wait for you however, when will you come back?" "The telegram didn't specify but.. the most I'd say it will take is about a month"

William nodded as he hurried his head in Sherlock's chest. "I'll be waiting for you, honey" Sherlock smiled as he wrapped his arms around his lover, "I promise to come back in one piece for you, darling"

Sherly please come back alive.