The Third One

"In the beginning God created mankind in His own image. In the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day."

Gen 2:27/31

And the seventh day was a day of rest

The Earth, a brand new creation in the fabric of cosmos and a home to various living beings made with godly precision. An ecosystem, a symbiosis where lie the seeds of future prospects for the race of humans. Adam and Eve they are called, created to fit together like a puzzle designed by divine determination.

In the garden of Eden the two humans prosper, for God had given them the power to rule over every other living thing they shared the land with and fruitful earth to feed on.

And they rejoice, for they had been blessed with the love of God and the love for each other. And from that love they draw their meaning, and all of their days are filled with wonder.

But the human nature is whimsical and in their minds, that had been built as a part of paradise, sometimes rises the feeling of discontent.

During such moment, Adam gets a feeling that seems to stem from something so primal, so outrageous, he can find no words to describe it. He rises his hand and hits Eve with all his might, the woman that had been created as his wife in paradise.

And Eve lets out a disturbed cry, for a tooth from her mouth is knocked out and she falls to the ground not nearly as afraid that she is surprised, for she has never felt pain before.

After, they embrace and all is forgotten without the need for forgiveness, for there was no sin in the garden of Eden thus nothing to be forgiven.

But the tooth that fell into a pool of mud seems to have a life of its own. Slowly, at first, it starts to grow and soon resembles a human shape.

 Slowly, at first, it starts to grow and soon resembles a human shape

The creature from dirt rises.

"Who am I?" it asks

"You are the third being," answers the snake that had been sunbathing on the nearby rocks.