Share your burden, share it with me

"You're... You're the Hydro Dragon," the words slipped out of Wriothesley's mouth like a whisper. It was hard to process what he was seeing and what terrible things were now confirmed for him. Suddenly, all of the Iudex's weird actions seemed not so out of this world. A glimmer of panic entered his mind. He didn't know what to do or say at all.

Neuvillette noticed that Wriothesley got very uneasy and nervous too. This was a mistake, this was a mistake, this was a mistake. Maybe he shouldn't have trusted himself to do this after all. "Forget this," he quickly ran behind his desk again to hide his monstrous look away from the human's eyes. He put his hands on his face not wanting to see anything or anyone. His heart leaped to his throat and he could feel and hear the frantic beats.

'What the fuck was I thinking..?'

"Neuvillette! I..." Wriothesley's hands slightly reached out to the direction where the dragon fled but he hesitated. The worst choice now was to leave. He had to do something. Neuvillette had deemed him trustworthy and he had to show his side of trust too, wholeheartedly. Even if his mind was a mess and he needed time to think he couldn't possibly be so selfish as to leave Neuvillette here in this form alone. He couldn't possibly think clearly and he should act before he comes to his senses.

Wriothesley slowly walked closer to the desk again and this time walked to the other side where the dragon was sitting on the floor, hiding his face while his tail hugged him slightly. Wriothesley felt awkward but placed his hand on Neuvillette's head and petted him for a while, comforting him. "There's no need to hide," He said voice still not so confident. It was very awkward for him as he didn't comfort people very often. The sight of Neuvillette reminded him a bit when his own mother had bad days and often had breakdowns in the past.

Heavy rain began hitting the window suddenly which startled Wriothesley quite a bit. Fontaine's weather better get a grip on itself or it will soon give him a heart attack.

Neuvillette did not budge. He started mumbling something that Wriothesley couldn't quite catch. Then, he slowly lifted his head a bit to look up at Wriothesley who then stopped petting him. Neuvillette studied the other's expression bit eyes drowning in something of a mix of sorrow, worry, and nervousness. His brows furrowed a bit and he asked, "Why are you not asking for me to explain..?" Normally that would've been the second choice he thought about if Wriothesley didn't immediately run away. Normally they would've tried to kill him with anything they could get their hands on.

"I, uhm... Of course, I want an explanation but your well-being is my top priority," Wriothesley said and squatted down to get on the judge's level. His tone was soft and comforting as he did not want to put any more pressure on the creature. This was too much. They were both about to burst from this whole situation and for different reasons. It was way too much.

Neuvillette stared at Wriothesley with a strange expression for a while and then slowly sat properly, uncovering his scaled face but still keeping his tail by his side. Wriothesley made his best effort to stay calm and not alert him again and let him get more comfortable. This was exactly like if you were meeting a new kitten that slowly got used to its new house. 

"Should we go sit on the sofas or is here better for you..?" Wriothesley warily asked. It would be better here indeed in case anyone suddenly bursts in through the doors and sees Neuvillette like this.

"...Here," Neuvillette responded and looked out of the window for a while at the rainy weather almost longingly. There was no mask on his face hiding himself from others. He let it break and a faint tear rolled down his cheek silently. It was as if such a small thing held all his worries in it and he finally released them for even a while.

Wriothesley didn't think twice and hugged the dragon. Maybe it was instinct from before when he was taking care of his mother and looking out for the close people in his life. Neuvillette was caught completely off guard and his eyes widened a little as Wriothesley pulled him closer and set his chin on his head softly. He did not know how to act. He had never been embraced like this. It was always him protecting others, it was always him hugging the ones close to him. No one had ever done those things to him. A second tear slowly rolled down his cheek.