Mariquita

Sleep, that's all you could think about right now. You had stayed up all night studying for a test that ended up getting cancelled at the last minute and instead of going home to sleep, your boss had called you short-handed and you ended up working a double which turned into a shit show. You ended up dropping several plates, took dishes to the wrong table, and a group of teenagers decided to dine and dash and that meant you had to pay for their meals with your tip money for the night.

You were completely fed up and all you wanted to do was cuddle up on the couch with your boyfriend of two years, Matt, and watch a movie. You just hoped that your best friend and Matt's roommate Frankie wasn't home. It wasn't like you had anything against Frankie. You both were super close and always hung out whether it was having lunch at school, doing homework or just needed someone to talk to when you were both feeling down. Tonight though, you just wanted to spend time with Matt. Both of your schedules had been extremely busy the last month and you rarely saw each it seemed.

Tiredly taking the keys out of your purse to Matt's apartment, you were expecting to get a warm welcome, but instead you were greeted by darkness with the only source of light coming from beneath Matt's bedroom door. It didn't even look like Frankie was home either as his door was closed and his door was shut.

"Matt, honey," you called out to him as you set your stuff down on the counter. Walking over to Matt's door, you gave it a little knock and called out to him again, "Matt it's me. I'm coming in."

Just like the rest of the apartment, it was completely empty. Where the hell was, he?

You were about to turn around and leave, but a noise coming from the bathroom caught your attention, "Matt, you there?"

"H-hey babe you're early," you heard Matt shout from the bathroom. "I'll be right out. Why don't you go make us something to eat while I finish up in here."

You couldn't help but notice the nervous tone in his voice. "Matt, I'm super tired. Can we just order something and watch a movie. I've had a really bad day."

"Umm...yeah, we can do that. Why don't you go take care of that and I'll be out in a minute. Order whatever you want, my treat."

You still had an unsure feeling in the pit of your stomach, but as you turned to leave, the sound of an object falling and the sound of some sort of whispering, stopped you in your tracks, "What are you doing in there? Can you just come out here and talk to me? It's not like I haven't seen you naked before." You moved closer to the door and could hear feet shuffling on the tiled floor, "Matt, what is going on?"

"I...I...I just got out of the shower okay. I don't want to let the warm air out. You know how Frankie likes to keep the air on. Just go put that movie on and I'll be right there."

Again, something didn't seem right to you. Matt was being real shady. Not caring if he was going to be mad at you, you went back over to the door and lucky or unlucky for you, the door was unlocked and when you flung it open, what you saw made your jaw drop and made your stomach sick. Standing in nothing but a towel was Matt and behind him was some blond trying unsuccessfully to climb out the bathroom window.

"Baby, I can explain, it's not what it looks like," Matt tried to argue, but it was too late. With tears in your eyes, you turned around to leave. However he was right behind you leaving his lady friend in bathroom, "Baby will you just stop and listen! She means nothing to me, I swear. It was just a spur of the moment thing. Will you just stop!"

He reached out and grabbed you by the arm. "Let go of me!" you shouted as you tried your best to pull away. "I don't need to hear anything from you Matt. You are a cheating asshole. Now let me go!"