The day I loved football

Pov Itoshi Sae

8:50 p.m.

It was a peaceful night bathed by a sparkling moon in the clear light. It came to my room accompanied by the sounds of dead leaves blowing away in the wind and banging against my window.

It was a very ordinary Wednesday, I was just a kid who could be happy about anything at any time, but that day was etched in my memory.

???: "Come on !! You can do it !!!."

Sae: "Hm...Hmm...Hm??"

??? : "You are still tied, nothing is playing."

Sae:" W-what's going on..."

I was facing the walls still dozing on my bed not taking into account the information around me.

While scratching my eye to get a better vision I turned around to see my door ajar with light escaping from it.

Sae: "But... What time is it?"

Looking towards my desk I could see on my clock the time displayed there.

Sae: I- it's 8:50 p.m.?! It's late."

???:" I know you can do it! I know you can do it!!"

Looking towards the door I immediately noticed that there was not only light emanating from it but also voices.

Sae: "This voice... Is it Dad's?"

He seemed to be full of energy and, above all, full of energy, you could hear it in his voice.

Sae: "What is he looking at? And especially at this time?"

Curious, I decided to take a look at what was happening and when I opened the door I was dazzled by the light in the living room and in its center my father sitting on the sofa watching TV.

Sae: "Dad?"

Taking his eyes off the TV he faced my still half-asleep face and was quite surprised.

Dad: "Oh Sae, it's you, what are you doing up at this hour?"

Sae: "well... Um..."

Dad smiling:" Did I wake you up?"

Sae: "I heard a noise coming from the living room and was curious so I wanted to see."

Dad:" ah haha I see so it was me who woke you up, sorry I must have made too much noise."

He apologized while scratching the back of his head; he seemed to feel a little guilty.

I glanced at the TV and could see men playing...Uhm...

Sae: "Dad, what are you looking at?"

Dad: "What am I looking at? Well, it's simply a football match."

Sae:" A football match?"

It vaguely meant something to me but I still couldn't remember what it was.

Dad:" I spoke to you briefly a few months ago about this sport, well, you're still a child, you haven't assimilated it at all and seeing your face I think that's the case."

Sae: "hmmm... Indeed it is possible."

Commentator: "Ohhhhh we were not far from a 3-2, Real almost reversed the score."

I was still staring at the TV watching this match which looked exciting to my father.

Dad: "How about you sit next to me Sae huh?"