The Hood Ain't A Home; 5

Throughout the night, all I did was toss and turn. Even though Marlon stayed the night with me, I couldn't help but think about what would happen if Harriot got his hands on me. I mean in his term, I disobeyed him. I can't take the abuse of him. I'm only 17 and he looks like he is over 35. I'm a minor, he should be locked up, and I wanna tell on him, but I don't know, maybe I'm just terrified of the results afterwards.

"Take yo ass to sleep, you have school tomorrow." Marlon playfully smacks my thigh.

"Marlon," I scold, rubbing my aching thigh. "that hurts." I cuddle against his chest and wrap my arms around his waist.

And where is that magical feeling I had with Michael!? I wanna know, I completely despise Michael Jackson and yet that spark was there when we hugged.

"I'm sorry, but I'll walk you to school and from school tomorrow, I don't want that man near you." He kiss my forehead and hugged me tighter.

"Alright, Mar."

I drift off to sleep and who clouds my mind? Michael. He just there holding me, kissing me, even smiling and laughing with me.

Next Morning, Tuesday

I was walk to school with Marlon before I seen a police car behind us.

"Marlon." I said in a hushed tone.

"What?"

"I think that's him behind us, he trailing us." I grab Marlon's hand and squeezed it like my life depends on it.

"Don't be scared. Stay by me, whatever he says or asks you to do, you better not do it." He gives my hand a small squeeze. "Don't give in to him." He whispers and the car pulls us over.

Harriot rolls down his window and gives me an disappointed look.

"Grimes, get in the car." He demands.

"No." I mumbled.

"No? The fuck you just say to me?" He shouts.

"She said no, so I suggest you keep it movin', officer." Marlon growls, holding me behind him.

"Who the fuck are you?" Harroit asks and step out his car and over to Marlon.

"Her best friend so like I said before, keep it movin'!" Marlon grabs my hand and pulls me away from Harriot.

I keep my head down. This is a complete mess.

Harriot growls and jumps back into his car while Marlon and I continue to walk.

"Johnny, tomorrow we're going to the station." Marlon says.

I shake my head. "I can't."

"No. There's no such thing as I can't. You can and you will. He's having you sell your body like you're a cheap whore and you are not. Don't continue to do stuff you aren't comfortable with." He scolds and we reach my school.

I look up and see Michael and Tatiana arguing. "Okay, I just have to tell my father."

"You haven't told him yet?!" He asks, surprised.

"No, I'm scared to do so." I scratch my arm, a very bad, bad nervous habit.

"Hey, stop." He smacks my hands and I release them. "After school. You, me, and your dad. You ain't backing out." He gives me a hug and kisses my ear.

"Okay, bye Mar." I wave at him.

"Have a good day and smile." He gives me an award winning smile.

I smile back and walk slowly to the main entrance.

"Johnny."

I look up to see an angry Michael.

"Y-yes." I curse myself for the damn stuttering.

"Look what you fucking did, now I have Tatiana on my ass because you wanted to do some dumb shit. What the fuck is wrong with you?" He shouts, gaining everyone's attention.

"I-I--" he pushes me against a locker and walks away.

"Shut the fuck up." He shouts.

What did I do? Tatiana wasn't even there when I gave Michael a hug. Hell no one was. Well, I guess I will find out today, considering everything I do is in the mornings gossip.

I'm forever the trending topic.

I walk to my first hour and notice we have a substitute.

Time to ignore these arrogant people and listen to beautiful music by baby daddy Trigga.

Yes, the fuck Trey Songz is forever bae.

For the first 24 minutes all you heard was, "Johnny tried to fuck Michael." or "Johnny got ran by Michael and his brother." or my favorite "Johnny was trying to split up Michael and Tatiana with her nasty ass."

You know, people this generation are funny. They can call me out on foolishness, but can't look deep inside themselves and admit their flaws. Shame.

"Hey, Johnny. I have a question." Some girl turns around and look at me.

"Don't we all." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Bitch," my eyes shoot up and I glare at her. "Listen and listen good. I'm not these other hoes. So lose the attitude." She snarled, while her friends in the back giggled.

I quickly stood up and walked into her face. "Now I don't know if you're crazy, dumb, or just foolish, but you will not talk that much shit to me and think it's okay."

"Watch your fucking mouth, bitch, unlike most people who are scared of your hoe ass, I'm not. You're nothing but a pathetic, worthless, slut. I bet in the future, you little sister will be just like you.. but only a black version." She smirked and smiles proudly.

D-did this girl say something about my baby?

Aaw, hell naw!

Game over!

I punch her square in her jaw and she falls to the ground. I hover over her, rapidly punching her like my life depended on it. She punched me back, making me stumble back. She tries to run up, but her and I are hoisted off the ground and into different corners.

"Dumb bitch. I hope you die. Drink bleach you crack head hoe." She yells.

I punch whoever is holding me back in the back, trying to get a hold of this bitch. The person turns around and I realize it's Michael.

I stop and stare into his eyes. I'm instantly calm.

"Calm down." He whispered and tells the substitute that he's taking me out the classroom.

We walk out the room and I lean against a locker and put my wavy hair into a messy bun.

"Your cheek's reddish, purple." He points out, like I didn't just get into a damn fight.

"Thank you for noticing." I roll my eyes and rub my stinging cheek.

"When do you go apeshit when someone brings up Cyla?" He asks, sitting next to me.

"Cause Cyla doesn't deserve any type of disrespect. Only me and she's all I have at the moment. My mom and dad are always out making money,  I'm forced to take care of myself and Cyla.  She's so innocent and pure." I smile thinking of Cyla.

My eight year old baby sister.