School Trip Gone Wrong

"RACHEL!!"

His voice echoed over the cliffs and the surrounding area. His heart was hammering against his chest as he listened, hoping to hear something, anything from Rachel.

This was her fault, she had insisted on coming on this trip with the Lessons for Life group to 'help him out'. He'd been the Deputy Head at Waterloo Road a lot longer than she'd been the Head Teacher; he knew what he was doing and he certainly didn't need her help! But no, she'd insisted on accompanying him.

They'd known each other for less than 24 hours, and they despised each other.

Rachel had swooped in yesterday, taking the job as Head Teacher before he'd even got the chance. It wasn't fair, it wasn't right. And she had all these elaborate plans for the school and the kids, when she'd only been at Waterloo Road for five minutes! She'd only come on this trip to keep an eye on him. And now she'd put herself in danger, and he was the one who had to rescue her. Typical.

It had started when Bolton hadn't turned up to the finish point of the scavenger hunt Eddie had organised. The rest of his group had, but not Bolton. Rachel had immediately leapt into action, storming off to find him before Eddie could even stop her.

And now she was lost too, so Eddie had to find not just Bolton, but Rachel too.
And he was having no luck so far. Half an hour he'd been walking along the cliff path, shouting Rachel and Bolton's names in turn, scanning the entire area. There was no sign of them. The path was quiet and deserted.

He sighed in frustration, standing still in the middle of the path for a moment. Why had she gone off on her own? Why hadn't she waited?

She was stubborn, that was why.

When Eddie had told her she wouldn't be able to find him on her own, she'd been determined to prove him wrong and she'd walked away. So much for team work.

"RACHEL! BOLTON!"

"SIR!"

Eddie turned, sighing in relief when he saw Bolton running towards him. Rachel however, wasn't with him.

"Bolton where have you been?!" Eddie huffed

"Sir, come quick, it's Miss Mason. She's hurt!" Bolton rushed, gesturing for Eddie to follow him

Eddie followed Bolton, his heart hammering against his chest.

When they got to the edge of the cliff, Bolton finally stopped running. Eddie stopped, his eyes falling on Rachel as he tried to catch his breath.

She was propped up against a rock. Her head was bleeding and her ankle was stuck out at an awkward angle. She was whimpering in pain, desperately trying to move.

Eddie crouched down beside her immediately, sitting her back down.

"I don't need your help. I'm perfectly capable of standing up on my own!" she snapped, glaring at him

"No, Rachel, stay down. You're hurt" Eddie instructed

"I'm fine, Eddie! Back off will you?" she spat, hissing in pain as she tried, and failed to get up again

"What happened?" Eddie asked, turning to Bolton

"I got stuck down there, innit. She was trying to help me and she fell" he explained, pointing to the smaller cliff below

"Ok, Bolton, go on ahead and tell the others we're on our way, ok?" Eddie instructed

Bolton nodded

Eddie sighed, looking to Rachel

"Is she gonna be alright, sir?" Bolton asked, concern laced in his tone

"I'll be fine, Bolton. Just go" Rachel reassured