Part 23: Wristy Buisness

We wrapped up the day with a game of D, D and More D, before we decided to get ready for lunch. The twins and I were going up to our room to grab some extra stuff for our lunch at Greasy's.

As we were going upstairs, I was concerned for what Bill would do this time. I walked up the stairs cautiously, holding the handrail as I walked up.

When I was about halfway up, and the twins were already just at the top, my right arm suddenly jolted, and unbearable pain shot up my arm as I cried out. The twins turned around, saw what happened and rushed down to check if I was ok, as well as calling the Grunkles. I could hardly hear anything they were saying as pain shot up my arm and I passed out on the stairs...

~

I woke up in a hospital bed, unaware of how I'd gotten there. I saw a cast on my right hand and wrist, a doctor standing over me and my family waiting in chairs at the end of my bed. I sat up and they all looked over, shocked and grateful.

'Y/N!' They all yelled in unison jumping up and rushing over to hug me and check on me. The doctor pulled them off and asked me if it was my real name, which I confirmed.

She explained that I had broken my wrist and blacked out, and asked me how it happened. I explained that I fell down the stairs, then later twisted my wrist, and she looked confused, but explained that I'd only been out for about 6 hours and would still be able to have a nice dinner before going to sleep to recover my wrist. I agreed and thanked her for her services, pushing myself up on my left hand to leave with the rest of my family.

Soos was in the hospital waiting room and, surprisingly, so was Wendy, who had heard what happened from Soos and come over as soon as she could. As we walked to the parking lot, after Ford payed the bill, Grunkle Stan explained that we had brought the car, but Soos had taken it back later, since we didn't have enough space for everyone, and he refused to get an ambulance, since the bills would be high enough, so we needed to catch the bus to Greasy's for dinner.

~

I didn't eat much of my dinner, I was too deep in thought. When we got home I went up to my room (cautious on the stairs) and got into bed. I pulled my head under the blanket, trying to sleep but stuck with my eyes open. Just in my line of vision was my cast. How could I let this happen?! Tears filled my eyes as I heard the door opening. I thought it was just Dipper and Mabel, but Stan and Ford were both there too.

'Y/n,' Ford asked carefully, 'is there something you want to tell us?' I peeked my head out the side of my blankets to look at the twins, but they just looked at me, concerned but understanding, telling me with their faces that they didn't tell them anything yet.

Grunkle Stan kneeled down to where my head was, somehow able to see where I was when I had barely opened the blanket, and said in a concerned, clear, comforting voice, 'You know I know, right?'