Chapter 14: Petals In the Storm

In biology our teacher actually gave some time to work on out projects in class. So, me and Jonathan took full advantage of it.

     "So, do you want to work on the posters?" Jonathan asked.

     "Sure," I said plainly.

     Jonathan shifted in his chair, and continued to study his biology book, "So, uh, our we going to your house or my house?" Jonathan asked curiously.

     "Are you sure you don't have plans with Barbie?" I said while studying my notes.

     Jonathan chuckled, "Very funny."

     "Thanks, I try," I looked up at him, and gave a sarcastic smile, "My house... I guess."

     "Okay, your house it is."

     I shrugged my shoulders, and looked at Jonathan. When our eyes connected, for that brief second, I felt a sort of jolt of electricity go up my spine, "Okay..." I said surprised by my reaction.

     "Are you okay?" he asked.

     I looked away, and went back to studying my notes, "Yup, why wouldn't I be?"

     "Okay?" he said, and went back to his bio book.

------------------

     I walked up to my front door, and opened it, "Hello?" I said checking if there was anyone here.

     No one answered, so, I went into the kitchen to see if there was anyone there. It was empty, however, there was a not on the kitchen table. It read:

     Dear Arden,

     Your father and I went to a three-day spa getaway. I just wanted to get him to relax, and plus it gives you sometime alone. Because I know things have been difficult, I think this would be great for you, and you Dad to be apart for a little. I do hope that things work out between you two. Your dad loves you very much, and I'm sure he knows that you love him too. If you didn't, then you wouldn't be pushing for treatment and your Dad knows that.

     Love, Mom

     I sat down in one of the kitchen chairs, and sighed. I looked around, and I suddenly realized that I was alone. It's fine, because, I'm use to it and I like it.

     I suddenly heard the door bell ring and I was startled by it. I walked over to the door, and opened it to reveal Jonathan, "Hi,"

     "Hi..." I said sounding a little sad.

     "Are you okay?" he asked.

     I looked up at him, and nodded my head, "Yea..."

     "Okay."

     "Oh, sorry, come one," I said, and let Jonathan through.

     "Are your parents here?" Jonathan asked while looking around.

     "No, apparently, they're at a spa getaway for a couple of days."

     "Oh, well, that's nice."

     "Yup."

---------------

     I was busy putting together the poster, with the different cells and cell descriptions on it. While, Jonathan was writing out the descriptions. I was also trying to draw the cells at the same time.

     All of a sudden I hear a big boom, and the heavy patter of rain on the roof. I was startled by this, "What the hell?" I said breathlessly.