Chapter One

"Nandito na sila Aisillin!" They shouted.

I stepped out of the car door, removed my sunglasses, and savored the breeze. Despite being only 15 years old, my actions and movements are different. But now, I am determined to heal my inner child, a task I need to fulfill.

I convinced Daddy not to worry if I end up living here. Mommy said they would be gone for 2 years because they need to do something for Valerio Inc. in the USA.

I'm honestly sad. I won't see them for 2 years. They said we'll frequently video call, but I want to feel their warmth, I want to hug them before I go to sleep. I want to tell them some corny jokes, everything I want to do with them. But I'll be with my second family. I know they won't leave me, I know they'll love me just like how Mommy and Daddy love me.

Napatigil ako nang yakapin ako nang tatlong bata. In their eagerness to hold me, the four of us tumbled over. They just laughed.

I stared in astonishment at the three of them - Seraphina, Thane, and Olara.

My eyes sparkled, they...looked so mature. They were incredibly handsome, like angels fallen from heaven, the children of my mom's best friend. Seraphina and Thane, with blue eyes and super black hair. Sobrang puti nila, na hindi n'yo akalain na sila'y taga Probinsya.

I glanced at my cousin, Olara with her brown eyes and brown freckles, she looked like a princess, fair-skinned, and...the boy walking towards me, hands in the pockets of his khaki shorts, he smiled revealing his deep dimples, Leander Rio Rancho. The son of my dad's best friend. I'll admit he's handsome, he looks so mature compared to us, only a year older than me. He's fair-skinned, has 2 deep dimples, a mole on the side of his left eye, wavy short hair, and almond-shaped eyes. He looks like an angel and innocent, but my hands clenched as I remembered why misfortune came to me.

"Leander, this is Aisillin, the daughter of your dad's best friend, do you remember, Alister Xaine Valerio? Look, she's beautiful, isn't she?" I was four years old at that time, Leander was 5. I smiled at him sweetly, waving my small hand. He's so handsome and still is to.

I saw Leander make a face, he rolled his eyes, and turned his back on us.

Yaya Midel pouted, she's been taking care of Leander for a long time, since he was born. He's not usually aloof, so she's wondering why Leander acted that way.

Bigla akong naramdaman na antok kaya binuhat na ako ni Yaya Midel.

Naalimpungatan ako at nakita ko si Leander sa harap ko. I rubbed my eyes, baka nananaginip lang ako. Nakita ko yung water bottle ko sa gilid, sabi ni Yaya Midel may hinanda siyang strawberry juice para sa akin. Nakita ni Leander na nakatingin ako sa water bottle. Nakita kong ngumisi siya, tumayo siya at kinuha yung water bottle.

"Do you want it?" he offered, agad akong tumango, he chuckled.

Binigay niya sa akin at agad kong tinikman. My eyes widened, nabuga ko ito sa mukha niya, I started crying loudly. "Aisillin, eto na yung strawberry juice m–" Yaya Midel stopped nang makita kami.

Tumakbo siya at agad na tiningnan yung juice, umiyak ng umiyak. Sobrang anghang, parang nasa impyerno. I was sobbing loudly. Napabuntong-hininga si Leander at napapikit.

"Oh my god," anong nangyari dito, Leander? Bakit?" I'm crying loudly, hindi ko kaya yung sobrang anghang. Nakita kong pumasok si Tito Eianne at Tita Lyndsey, agad silang lumapit sa akin. Nakita kong may tiningnan si Tita Lyndsey, "Oh my god!" Tinakpan niya ang bibig niya gamit ang kanyang mga kamay.

Napakunot ang noo ni Tito Eianne, "Why, love?" Hindi makapaniwala si Tito nang ituro ng asawa niya ang...

Super Spicy Sauce: Satan's blood.

Because of what he did, he was kneeling on the beans. "Leander, that's unprofessional of you, how could you do that to Aisillin, be thankful, her parents are not here, grow up, Leander, Aisillin is still a child, she doesn't know what she's doing, what will her dad say about what you did?"

Tito Eianne was on all fours on the wooden seat, his shoulders closed. Bumuntong-hininga siya.

I paused when they started shaking me, "I miss you, Aisillin!" Seraphina hugged me again and then, I hugged her back tightly, I felt her pause, "Namiss ko kayong lahat,"

We stopped hugging when Yaya Midel shouted, "Anak ng teteng! Aisillin, ikaw pa ba yan? You've matured, anak, you're so beautiful now." She said tearfully.

Leander chuckled, so I looked at him, we had a staring contest until someone whispered to me, "oops, be careful, baka mahulog." Thane whispered, I punched him in the stomach, "miss you also." He chuckled, "matagal na tayong hindi nagkita, hindi na kita miss."

I smiled and looked back at Leander, he was also looking at me, he smiled, his dimples weren't very noticeable, I frowned when he pointed towards where Lola Celine, and Lola Florida were.