Prologue, Part 2

Suddenly, there was a 'ding dong bing bong' sound to signal an announcement.

Aiden: Huh?

??? (on announcement): Everybody, please meet at the stage! I, the host, have something to tell you all!

Well, at least now, things probably will be cleared up.

Tom: What do you think they made us wait for?

Jake: I honestly don't know, maybe it is different and we need another introduction to the new rules?

Eventually, everyone was moving toward the stage, sitting scattered around the bleachers.

On the stage is a framed picture of the host with the name 'Kristal McLain' printed on it.

Host: Welcome, campers! And welcome back, Tom and Jake. Sorry about the random picture of me, it's just to show you what I looked like before my little glow-up.

Yul: Get on the stage so we can see what you look like now.

Host: Oh, right! My apologies again.

The host looked like someone Oliver might've known. But when she came out, her 'glow-up' was nothing like what the contestants would've expected.

 But when she came out, her 'glow-up' was nothing like what the contestants would've expected

Tom: What the hell?

Oliver: K-Kristal, what happened to you?

Kristal(?): Oh, just a slight wardrobe change, Oliver. How's it look?

Connor: Why is your skin... half grey?

Riya: And your eye, it's all red and glowing.

Kristal(?): Ouch. Okay, can we stop bullying Monokristal so that I can explain the rules?

James: Mono... Kristal?

Lake: That's an odd name.

Aiden: Uh, guys, I feel like we shouldn't say that around her.

I recognize her as being Chris McLain's daughter, but I feel like saying even that would get me in serious trouble.

Tess: Well, I'm pretty sure some of us know how to play the game. Judging by the thing with the cabins, we get split into two teams and-

Monokristal: I'm glad you mentioned that. This time, the sorting is only for the sleeping arrangement. It's a little different than the previous seasons. The producers decided to... spice it up this time, it's kinda like an experiment I suppose.

Jake: What kind of experiment exactly?

Monokristal: Why, it's now a killing game!

Ally: A... A what game?!

Monokristal: A killing game! You know, where you kill.

Karol: Did the show's usual TV network... approve of this?