Chapter 30- Ending 1

"It can't be" Elijah shook his head and refused to believe "you aren't certain, she's not the anchor"

"Jenna knew that you'd never let the girl out of your sight, you'd protect her therefore keeping those things alive and turning her into one" Klaus tried to drill it into his brothers head. "We have one white oak stake and that can be used to our favour"

"We are not certain that she is the anchor, I am not talking about her death" Elijah snapped.

"Elijah, Niklaus?" Gabrielle tried to get their attention from the small enclosed space she had been locked in

They both walked downstairs. Elijah now feeling more uncomfortable than ever.

"I think I'm the anchor" she said nervously "besides the hunger, I've felt something else, now I know that I can blame it on the linking spell"

"And what can we do about it?" Elijah asked eagerly, he needed to know what he could to to save his love.

"There is two ways, I'm unsure of what precautions she has taken for the spell, one of them is to do a reversing spell, however; I'd need the blood of the witch and it might not work... The other way is to..." She fell silent for a moment

"The other way is to grab the last white oak stake and pierce my heart" her voice cracked with sorrow

"I'm not letting that happen" Elijah said sternly

"I don't want it to happen, the other side is a terrible place but if it saves you and everyone else, it's a risk I'm willing to take..."

"...well I'm not willing to take it" Elijah interrupted

"But I'm not myself Elijah" she shouted out in a fit of rage and sadness "if I stay like this, Jenna will take the city and I will be left fighting for what scrap of sanity I have left"

"But I've already lost you once" Elijah tried to protest but ending up sounding utterly broken

"You won't be losing me, Elijah, because I am not Gabrielle anymore, just an empty shell" she came up to the bars and looked at Elijah's defeated face "but I know that I'll always love you, and my spell could work, but it's best to prepare for the worst"

"Tonight then" Niklaus had thought of his master plan "me and my vampires lure them out, get Jenna's blood and Gabrielle and you, Elijah, will stay up here and complete the spell"

Elijah nodded

"But take this, just in case" Klaus slipped him the white oak stake which Elijah refused immediately

"Take it Elijah" Gabrielle demanded "for your safety, because I'm not going to stay myself and if I hurt you, you have protection"

"I won't use it" Elijah snatched the stake and slid it into his inner pocket

"But as long as I know you have it" Gabrielle nodded "now when is this thing going to happen because I'm absolutely ravenous and I'm afraid I might break this door down"

"I don't think you have any worries dear" Niklaus said vaguely, unlatching the heavy door for her to walk through

Gabrielle looked confused at most, and then a bit worried, a bit surprised and a bit hungry.

"They're already here" he said "I'll gather the vampires, brother, you take Gabrielle up to the attic, I'll meet you there with Jenna's blood" Niklaus demanded

"Okay" Elijah nodded, taking Gabrielle by the waist and guiding her upstairs.

"Elijah" she said once they had stopped "if I die..."