Pretty boy

Norma's point of view

I went inside the house and closed the door behind me, i could hear Onceler's steps getting lower and lower as he was leaving, however after i closed the door, my two roommates/friends, Francine and Maria, were waiting for me, we're friends since 7th grade, so now we live together as we promised back in the time.

"Heyyy, you FINALLY found a boyfriend, it took you all your life but you finally did it" Maria said hitting my shoulder with a grin, "Yeah, what's the name of the lucky one?" Francine added, they always liked to make fun of me when it was about boys, "i don't know what you two are talking about" i said trying to not look embarrassed by their comments, "Oh yeah? so you were talking with your imaginary friend about meeting each others tomorrow?" Maria replied with a "do you think we're so stupid?" face, "C'mon, if you don't tell us everything, we're gonna find it out by ourselves, and you know that we don't have anything better to do in these days" Francine said looking at the window trying to recognize Onceler's silhouette ,that was now far from our house "Hold on... no way! Maria! Norma's boyfriend is that guy that invented the thneed"  Francine said with a face that was shocked and also disgusted "What the... Norma! A girl like you can't be with... him" Maria said as she was about to cry, "why you're overreacting so much?"  i said confused because of them "There's no need to cry or to be shocked, i just talked to him, he's a nice guy, i hope we can have a nice friendship" i said smiling by that thought, instead Maria and Francine were only more shocked, Maria was also tearing now! "Oh my God! Why are you crying?" i said becoming worried for them, Francine looked at me straight in the eyes and said "Norma, listen, in Greenville there are plenty of boys, WHY HIM? why you-... it'll be a disaster ?! LOOK AT HIM!!", "What do you mean?" i asked concerned, "Noooo, she's already blind, she doesn't see the reality , we lost her, Francine" Maria said walking around the living room "I can't see you like this Norma, can't you see that you're just gonna be hurt by him?!".
Now i was really annoyed by their childish reactions "You know what? i'm really tired by you two overreacting to a guy that i  met this evening, i'm going in my room, talk to me when you two will be calmer" they were too much upset, so i thought to close myself in my room to give them some time to "process" everything.

30 minutes later, i was on my bed playing my guitar and singing a song "He said i was his friend, which came as a surprise, i spoke into his eyes, i thought you died alone, a long long ti-" i got interrupted by Francine and Maria knocking at my door "Unless you two are completely calm, i prefer to not talk to you two yet" after that there was a few seconds of silence and then they left , i rolled my eyes i continued to play and sing "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world" .

after another 20 minutes they knocked at my door again "Okay, now we're calm enough to stand a conversation about... that topic" Maria said, "Come in" i answered, they were still with a destroyed face, "Why you two had that reaction, it was really overreacted" i said still annoyed by what happened "Yeah i know, i'm sorry, also Francine is sorry, it's just that we always saw what a pretty girl you are, and it was really mind blowing, shocking, horrible... however, we think, from what we saw.. that Onceler isn't enough for you" Francine said now with a worried tone "C'mon, he's just a guy that i met today, it's an acquaintance, very good acquaintance, i'm gonna know him better hoping that i found a good friend, that's it, got it?" i said trying to make them understand that i don't have a crush on Onceler and vice versa, there was a moment of silence "So you're saying that you JUST and ONLY want to have a FRIENDship with him, right?" Maria said hoping for a yes "Exactly, nothing more and nothing less" after my confirm Francine and Maria seemed more relieved now, "Phew, this really relieved me, now..." Francine said while sitting on my bed with Maria "... tell us what did you two talked about? how you started to talk?"' they were ready to hear my answers, we started talking about Onceler, and then completely changing topic, until 11pm, then they went in their rooms to sleep.

I brushed my teeth and wore my pj, now i was in front of my mirror brushing my hair while mumbling a song, until i realized that it was Onceler's jingle, i shook my head and looked at my reflection "No Norma, no... its-it's nothing bad, just a friend", i lay on my bed and stared at my window until i fell asleep.

Ps: if you recognized the song of before i'm gonna give you a kiss <3

However, i hope you also liked this chapter, i don't think that i will always update a new chapter every day, but i'll do my best, gn to everyone⭐️