Prologue

The fall leaves always looked so beautiful. You watched them with wide eyes as your mother held your hand. You were always in awe at the sight of all the orange and yellow. Your mother watched you with a smile on her face. Your sister was at school and your father was working with some of the ranch hands so you were the only one who had tagged along with her. Plus, she said you would be visiting Miss Gumhio.

You always liked the older woman. She was so nice and she always made the best cookies. But you would usually see her on the weekends, so this was a bit odd for you. You didn't really care either way. You spotted her house in the distance which made you smile even wider.

Mum: Have you been practicing your Korean?

You looked up to her. She did get you to start studying along with your sister. You didn't understand why, but your dad was helping you once he was done with work for the day. You had picked up some words and a few phases.

Y/N: Yup!

Your mother gave you one of her famous smiles. The kind that cause the whole room to brighten up. Many people said it was one of her best qualities, but she was a beautiful woman to begin with. You've heard a few folks wonder how your dad managed to get her to fall in love with her.

You reached the house and your mum let go of your hand. She knocked and waited a moment before the door opened to reveal a much older fox vastaya.

Ms. Gumhio: Well, this is a pleasant surpise.

Your mum lead you inside and the adults walked towards the kitchen. You were going to follow but you stopped when you noticed someone was sitting on the couch watching the TV. You walked over and saw that they were watching Odyssey. That weird sci-fi show your mum always watched. You would often watch it with her.

???: <Who are you?>

You looked at the couch and found a young girl sitting there. Like Ms. Gumhio, she had fox ears but unlike the older woman, her tail seemed to be clear and made of diamond. But, you couldn't understand her.

Y/N: What?

???: <What?>

Ms. Gumhio: Oh, I see you met Ahri.

You looked over to see Ms. Gumhio walking into the room. Ms. Gumhio said something to the young girl and she nodded. She got off the couch and walked over to you.

Ahri: Hello. I am Ahri. <Did I say that right?>

Ms. Gumhio: <Yes, dear.> Y/N, this is my granddaughter. She'll be living with me from now on. Do you think you could help her out?

You nodded and looked at the young girl.

Y/N: <Hello. I am, uh....>

You thought about what to say, and if you even said it right.

Y/N: Y/N.

Ahri seemed surpised at her language being spoken back to her. You just smiled and held our your hand.

Y/N: Nice to meet you!

Ahri hesitated before she shook your hand.

Ahri: <You to.>

Little did either of you know that this moment would be what changed the world forever.

K/DA:
The Manager

???: Y/N?

You slept with heavy eyes as you dreamt about traveling the stars. The weather was nice outside so your window was open.