Instant Regret - Part 2

The missile exploded outside the robot and took out the hologram and the power, now the military could see us. Fantastic.

"The powers out all over the bot this could take me a while to fix." Leo said as rejoined him in the control center.

"The military could attack any second!" I said.

"Well you're the technopath Ryan, so I'm going to need you to hold them off until I get the power back on." Leo shrugs. 

"Woah, woah, are you serious?" You just want me to hold of the entire military?" I asked.

"But you fight monsters?" Leo questioned.

"Yeah, in a robot." I reminded him. "But now it's just me."

"And your power." Leo added. "It's going to have be enough Im afraid."

"Leo come on your dreaming okay." I walked towards the control pad "I couldn't destroy the ooze, I couldn't rescue mom and Kota, and now this! The wrong person lost their power. It should've been me not her."

"I wish I had something more inspirational to say right now Ryan but your the technopath that is here so it has to be you." Leo followed me. "If it makes any difference I believe in you."

"Hey that's what I said! Though he said it better." Spyder joins us, "We both know you can do it Ry. I know Kota isn't here but, she believes in you, even if she sorta hates you. C'mon, what would she say if she were here?"

"She'd tell me to get me crap together and listen to my friends." I said. "She'd probably also ask to drive."

"So can you hurry up and get out there before we're all dead!" Leo asked.

"Alright I'll do it, just please hurry and get the power back on." I said racing to the top of the balcony ladder. 

—————

I attached a rope to a spare harness that I attached to the robot so I wouldn't fall off the roof, there were indeed massive military missiles flying right for me and the robot. I just took some concentration but I was able to detonate all of them after a while. I sat down on the roof taking a breath before I saw another, singular missile flying towards us. I groaned getting to my feet. I was trying but the missile didn't explode.

"My powers aren't working on it." I said in to myself in shock as and rose my mech-link to his my. "Leo this one is different, my powers aren't working on it, I can't stop it." There was no response from Leo, the missile that was seconds away from crashing into the robot. At the last possible second, I felt the power of the robot came back on, and I was able to catch the missile in the robots hand, and throw it away to exploded in the distance.

"Ryan you better get down here." I heard Spyders voice say though the mech-link.

————

I ran back down to the med bay where Spyder had called me to, something was telling me something was seriously wrong. I could barely make out what Spyder said but he tried to explain what happened over the Mech-link as I ran.

"Leo?" I said as the med-bay door closed behind me. "What were you thinking?"

"I had to." He said. "Because the world needs you Ryan you're the only one that can stop Harper. Look I know you wish sometimes somebody else got the powers or you lost your powers instead" Leo said looking at me . "That way you can just be a normal kid but, I'm glad it was you. You're a good kid, with a good heart." Just before Leo rolled over and fell asleep he said "the right person got the power."

"Let's let him sleep." Spyder said heading for the door and I followed. 

"It took guts what he did. He almost died." Spyder nodded as I said. "People need to stop putting their life before mine, Kota was one to many, now Leo too. I'm not letting that be for nothing."