Disaster

Let me just, set the scene

I just left the (a) party at Blake's (a mate's) and it's Halloween

Alex is...honestly, just before he walked outside, he didn't even know what time zone he might be in, which is a feat in itself. The air around DC must just seriously be that polluted or like, treated with chemicals or whatever because he's never sobered up this fast.

Or it was because drunk him has you know, texted fucking Henry of all people and his brain had to remind him of that fact as he's dressed like John Leguizamo in Romeo + Juliet and is, get this, dying inside not from a stab wound or gunshot, but crippling embarrassment as he stumbles down the street to where his car is parked from his friend's place.

Had the keys to my car in my hand, but I didn't leave

'Cause the potential of us, it was keepin' me up all night long

He seriously should not have worn a tank top. As much as the red colour and the chequered gun holster he'd fashioned out of a pair of his father's old suspenders, apparently, make him look "extra hot" - he's freezing his ass off thanks to the Autumn winds passing though and his long black trousers, boots and belt are doing nothing to help that fact.

It's almost winter again (cause you know, October) and despite not wanting to sound contentious, Alex has only got one thing on his mind and it is not the whiskey trying to warm him up so he can survive the night sleeping in his backseat (as he can't drive, duh) and wake tomorrow morning with a backache that would kill a normal human being.

I left a text you won't read all night long

No, Alex is still thinking about Henry or, more accurately, his and Henry's kiss from New Year's Eve that despite numerous attempts, they still haven't talked about. You know, the one that he just, addressed once again 5 minutes ago with a hundred and forty characters at his disposal, but more boldly by saying 'God Henry, I wanna fucking kiss you again' just out of the blue that Henry will most likely not read till he has a moment to be near his phone and possibly, end up having Alex blocked from that same phone by morning.

This could be a disaster, there's so many factors

Like, what if you freak out and then we're losin' it all

At the critical chapter where I say, "I love you" and you don't say it after

He'd thought about erasing it, when he'd seen the active conversation bubble he'd had up in WhatsApp still on his notification screen and opened it up. Really, he did, but in the haste of moving when party goers had seen him standing there mortified, he just...didn't. He just drank more, tried to forget and now, now he's actually thinking about it as his phone seemingly follows his fingers and pulls Henry's number and the moniker of 'HRH Prince Dickhead' up to press dial, hoping he doesn't answer, heart beating rapidly.

He's so fucked. His mother's going to kill him. He was already front page news once in England, he didn't need another headline along the lines of "American Dumbass Booty Calls Prince" or something equally worse, but far more creative. The click of the phone being picked up startles him to the point where he's fumbling with it and his keys, quickly jostling them from one place to the other till his keys were thrown onto the roof of their intended home and he brought it to his ear, breath rapidly condensing in the air. "H-Hello?"

This could be a disaster, I'm pedaling backwards

By saying that I'm drunk, I really shouldn't have called

"...Alex." Henry's voice sounds...well, confused, a little hopeful - maybe? God, Alex doesn't know, but he tries to save himself (and his emotions) by blurting out "I'm so sorry, I'm- I've been drinking, been at a Halloween party and all that. You know me. Whatever I said-" Oh yes, let's just pretend we /didn't/ just sext the Prince, great idea Alex "- you can just disregard, it's fine, I've probably sent so many Alex the Asshole texts tonight."