1. Ye Lian

They called me an unlucky star who killed her mother, I wept and regretted my existence. They called me an unlucky star because my family's business started going downhill after I was born, I cried and questioned my existence. They called me an unlucky star because the last call log had my name before my brother lost his leg in an accident, heartbroken, I once again regretted my existence. They said I was an unlucky star when the prosperous Park family went bankrupt, ah nothing seemed to going right since I was born.

Maybe they were right?

They called me an inhumane being because I did not cry at the funeral of my father and grandfather, former who took his own life and latter who got a heart attack after hearing the news of his son's passing. I was indifferent.

My grandmother and my only dear brother looked at me in hate and disgust mixed with fear. A myriad of complicated emotions.

Maybe they were right in calling me inhumane.

When death came knocking at my door? I welcomed it with relief.

Maybe I will find the peace that I had sought for?

I had lived my life just walking one path before it ended with relief and never felt before peace.

                   __________🖤__________

"-Li, Li'er?" Aera came back to herself as she looked at the woman, the mother of the body she was in after she woke up.

She, who should've died unknowingly found herself in a hospital when she opened her eyes and met the original body's family who looked at her or rather Ye Lian, their daughter with such unfamiliar love and warmth that she felt uncomfortable and at loss.

"I'm fine" Aera muttered a reply in a low voice, lowering her eyes to hide the emotions.

"Li'er, tell mom if you're feeling uncomfortable." Mrs. Ye got worried seeing her daughter's listless appearance and almost got up to find the doctor before she was interrupted.

"It's okay, please don't worry. I'm fine and better enough to leave the hospital" Aera politely ceased the auntie from making a move. She wasn't the original owner and didn't know how to talk to the loving mother, neither did she want to try.

In fact, she wanted to go back to the endless darkness she got after her death. It was dark but calm and brought her peace she had sought for. Yet, here she was. Alive and well, she did not want it.

"Li'er, I won't force you to call me mom  but just be comfortable talking with me okay?" Mrs Ye, whose maiden name was Bai Xiù was a beautiful, elegant and gentle woman just like her name. 

Before getting married to her husband, she was a pampered princess who grew under the loving wings of her family who made her who she was now. But that did not mean she was fully dependent on her family even though she had the option to.

Bai Xiù, in her university years started from the scratch and started a company with her childhood sweetheart/university classmate, Ye Qianyu which later got listed on top 10 companies in China. She was an independent mature woman who could be elegant and strict during work yet gentle and loving with her family.

Though now she regretted not spending much time with her youngest child and only daughter because of her busy schedule. Due to her irresponsibility as a mother, her daughter had gotten into an accident and she only got to know about it after a few hours.

Her daughter had even been diagnosed with amnesia which made her heart ache with extreme sadness, loss and regret. Thankfully, she got another chance to rectify her mistake.

"Li'er, do you want to eat fruits? I'll peel it for you" Bai Xiù took an apple and started peeling it only to to be stopped by her daughter.

"I.. It's okay, I don't want to eat. I'll just take a nap, I'm.. tired" Aera stated politely, her lips tried to make a smile which never made it to the end. She looked awkward yet pitiful at the same time due to her beautiful face, now dyed sickly pale.

"Oh! Okay okay, you just woke up not long ago. It was my mistake, get some rest." Bai Xiù got up to leave although she wanted to watch her days go to sleep but after all, she(Aera) had just woken up and even lost her memories, it would make her(Aera) uncomfortable so she(Xiù) voluntary got up to leave.

Also with a little bit selfishness hoping that it would make her impression in her daughter's heart soar up at least to a level where she(Aera) would be able to be comfortable with her the next time.

Watching the gentle and kind auntie leave, Aera sighed in relief as she frowned in distress. She wanted to leave, she who was already tainted did not deserve to take the place of another and live happily or even be given a chance to live again. She did not deserve it nor did she want to live again.

Aera laid down on her bed whilst recalling the way the family of the original owner treated this body, in the gentle manner like a breeze in order not make her uncomfortable yet with it came the sincerest heart she did not know existed.

All the more, she was firm in her decision to find a way to leave as none of these warmth and love did not belong to her but the original owner.

So.. where was the real Ye Lian now? Was she really?

With countless complicated thoughts brewing in her mind, Aera unknowingly drifted to sleep because the body she was in indeed really made her tired.

I need to leave..

                         _____________

"Aera, Aera jie, I'm really sorry for making you take my place but I don't want to live anymore. Everyone says they love me but they don't, they think they're showing me love with all those unlimited card, limited sports car, villas, private jet or lands yet they can't make time to attend my birthday or any important events at school! Now, I even got rejected and in a phase of broken love, I don't want to come back anymore. Anyways, I already got a good compensation to transmigrate into a better world with full memories intact. I don't want to miss this chance! So please please forgive me okay? You were the only one who was a 99% match with my body so I had to choose you. In turn, you can take my body and use it at your will. What's mine is now yours, even my memories! Please forgive my irresponsibility and live my life as yours, bye~~ Thank you so much! ♪~(´ε` ) mwah!"

                     ______________

Aera: ...

                        _____________

A/N: End of chapter 1~ Thank you lovelies for reading. I'm very excited writing this! Please remember that I'm no Chinese speaker but I was just inspired into writing my characters as one after enjoying CN novels for a long time~

P. S for anyone reading this type of story for the first time, I'll try to add notes at the end just in case. But don't worry though, it'll only be the basic ones as I'm only writing this after a spur of inspiration~ only the names are chinese, as for the other areas, might differ but will try my best💃💃

Ye Lian: Water, Lily
Bai Xiù: White, Graceful/beautiful/elegant.
Jie: Older sister, both related and non related.