3 : Scientist Studies

ᴄʟᴀssɪꜰɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏʀᴄʜᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛs
ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟs ᴏꜰ
ᴀʟᴇssᴀɴᴅʀᴏ ʟᴇɪɢʜ ᴍɪʟᴀɴᴇsɪ
[1983 - 2008]

Busy days are always better than boring days. There is often so much time to spend filing away the histories of people Torchwood had effected that Leigh felt he was going cross eyed. More often than not, he longed to get out, and stretch his legs. More often than not, his wish was granted.

A meteorite crashed into the outskirts of Cardiff, and it had probably already made quite the impression. It had burned a purple light in the sky before landing. He couldn't deny it was beautiful.

Though, because it happened at night, we had to recall the troops. Leigh had been the only one on formal duty, even though Jack and Isaac were still working away. They had to drive around Cardiff at top speed, picking everyone up, including Gwen who was having dinner with her boyfriend.

     It wasn't going to last. He was convinced of it. Leigh thought, that because the rest of the workforce were so unlucky in that department, there was no way he was going to be the exception. He'd reserved that space for myself. Leigh believed that he deserved love, whether that remained true was another thing.

    At least he wasn't as hopeless as Tosh; she was still head over heels for Tommy (the soldier from the First World War, currently frozen in the morgue). At least he wasn't as secretive as Jack, in love with someone he refused to talk about. At least he wasn't as pathetic as Owen, who only had mindless sex to rid himself of some horrific past.

     When we picked Owen up, he took over driving for me, and Leigh squeezed into the middle seat of the back row between Tosh and Gwen. The latter had hardly been in the car for a minute when Jack began to bather about the task at hand. They were nothing if not committed.

     "Simple locate and clean up operation." Jack nodded as he donned his earpiece. "Find that meteorite before anyone else gets their hands on it."

  "Got it, boss." Leigh called out to the front, mocking a salute.

  Then, he turned to the back seat, and smiled at Gwen. "Good to see you, by the way."

     It was obvious that the newest recruit had never been in the Range Rover before. Her face when the computers lowered in front of them was absolutely hilarious. Leigh would have been better off in her chair; she didn't know what she was doing.

     As expected, Tosh got straight to work. There were already a thousand things on her mind, and she was working her way through them. Leigh wanted to be like her sometimes. She was the brains of the bunch, even if they all had them, she had the most.

    Owen was impatient as he drove, because he didn't exactly have a direction as of yet. "Tosh, you found it yet?"

  Gwen scoffed as she looked in front of her, still gobsmacked. "You got enough kit?"

  "Basic travelling and surveillance." Tosh pointed at the screen, a map of Cardiff on full view. "The crash site. With this we can tap into CCTV networks, regional databases..."

  "Is this Crimint? This is the police computer system." Gwen was quite clearly horrified, which again, Leigh found it hilarious. "You shouldn't have this!"