Part 7

“Fred, George, you’re responsible for Ginny!” Mr Weasley called as he and his three eldest sons hurried off toward the source of the violence their fists clenched around their wands.

“Let’s head into the woods” I say quickly and before checking to see if anyone’s following, start running with Fred clutching onto my hand.

I assumed that, because I could hear footsteps running after us, that everyone had followed but, once we got back to the tiny clearing where Fred and I were I found that Harry, Ron and Hermione weren’t with us. We must have separated somehow.

I dropped Fred’s hand and started pacing, muttering to myself. “Oh no, oh no, oh no. With Harry’s track record it will be a miracle if he gets out of this unscathed this time! Oh no!”

“Hey” Fred caught me by the shoulders “Harry’s a big boy, he’ll be fine. Plus they’ve got Hermione.”

“We’re not allowed to do magic outside of school, Fred!” I snap.

“You can if it’s in self-defence” Ginny pointed out though she looked just as concerned. Oh yeah, she’s had a thing for Harry for years.

I scrutinized her, debating whether or not to reply but decided that, with the mood I’m in, anything that comes out of my mouth will be insulting so I just ignored her. “How did we even get separated?” I fume just as two people came running into the clearing. “Oh joy” I muttered just as soon as I recognised the pair “it’s Hayley.” Oliver, I was pleased to see but not Hayley.

“Hey guys” she smiled at the twins and fluttered her eyelashes at them seductively. I immediately went from ever so slightly pissed off and worried to jealous and very pissed off.

“Shove off, Hayley; this isn’t a time to be flirting!” I spat at her.

She shot me a glare before saying “who says I’m flirting? Anyway” she lazily started inspecting her nail beds “who said that I was even interested in the twins” she sent them another wink and I was amused to see them pretend to vomit when she turned her back to speak to her brother. “Olly, grab me a chair would you?”

“Are you kidding me?” Oliver shot at her “sit on the floor!”

Hayley raised her eyebrows at him and snorted “I have never sat on the floor and I am not going to start now.”

“Then stand!” He hissed, clearly embarrassed.

“Come here” I turned around to see George sitting on a rather dirty log; he patted the space beside him “there’s plenty of room on this wooden throne for two.”

I found it very hard not to laugh at the look on his face. Fred wrapped his arms around my waist and muttered “calm down; everything’s going to be ok, just ignore her as much as you can.”

Sighing, I nodded and broke free to speak to Oliver. “Hey Oliver.”