In the Shadows

When it's light, everyone smiles, everyone is happy and living their own beautiful and casual life...
But when darkness comes, everyone put their mask down and face their own pain...

So if in the light we have to lie.. Isn't it better to live in darkness, where there's no need to try and be stronger when everything is breaking apart...
Because it is breaking apart

           ----------------------------

One week without sleep, one week with sorrow and grief, everyday thinking about possibilities, every day hoping for happiness..

Well, how else could Vincenzo feel when he had done EVERYTHING in his power to find his only love.
His Hong Cha young....

With the help of the Special Intelegence Force, Mr.Cho's and Mr.Ahn's, The Cassano Family, The Geumga Family...
A whole legin just looking for Cha young.

But Vincenzo was desperate to find her, even if it takes more time, of course he'll find her.. But day by day, night by night, there was nothing from her. With every knock on his door and every message, Vincenzo hopes it's Cha young, but it was utterly useless to think that way.

She vanished...
She vanished in dimly shadows. Just as she wanted to

After all that was her plan, getting out of people's sight so she can deal with her own enemy, the one who is after her, the one who is after her lover, and the killer of her mother.
The reason her heart feels so cold and empty, and the reason she had to leave her family behind.

All these days, Cha young would hide around, using her skills to complete what she had just started, and of course, she wasn't fully alone... A familiar person of hers promised to help her, save her family.

Jang Jun Woo and Cha young had been working now for days. He tells her everything that's happening around Felix Cassano while she is giving him other orders.

One night, someone knocked on Jun Woo's door, and he anxiously opened the door but got relieved when he saw his Sunbae.

Cha young greeted him and went inside, putting the coat on the sofa.

"How are you?"
She asked, looking around the messy living room, filled with documents and files

"Well, as you can see working"
Jung Jun Woo nonchalantly answered

"Your house is messier than mine"
Cha young was annoyed at the sight of the room, so she started tiding it up

"So how are we with the plan?"
Jang Jun Woo helped Cha young but doesn't lose the moment to ask

"Vincenzo's man is everywhere, I am doing everything in power to get away... We are to the third stage, so it will be now easier. "
Cha young answered seriously, as the lawyer she is

"Easier? Easier?!"
Jang Jun Woo stood still placing his hands on his hips and looking angrily at Cha young

"What?"
Cha young looked at him acting childish

"You can't fight against him alone, Sunbae. If you have Vincenzo by your sid-"
Jang Jun Woo was harshly interrupted

"Don't! You know why am I doing this and we talked about it"
Cha young shut him up, not wanting to hear more

"But"
Jun Woo protested

"No buts Jang Jun Woo! That's my decision"

"Well, I can call Vincenzo right now and change your decision in a moment"
Jang Jun Woo said stubbornly

"Try doing that, and I'll kill you, know that"
Cha young gave him a death stare

"Okay.. Chill out I was joking"
~
~

Two days more and no sign of Cha young.
She was still missing, and the anxiety in the tenants was becoming bigger and bigger.

Vincenzo walked out of his apartment to have a usual meeting with them.

After Cha young left, they had held meetings and planned on getting Cha young back, but everything was going slower than thought.

As they met with Vincenzo, all of them sat down, with new hopes, which were brutally cut my Vincenzo.

"Everyone... I am leaving for Italy"

The room was filled with shock as they heard Vincenzo's words

"What do you mean?!"

"What about Ms.Hong??"

"Why?!"

"What will happen now?"

And many more questions. However, Vincenzo had one stern and clear answer.

"Cha young will come back sooner or later. I need to finish my job"

With that, Vincenzo left the room and went out of Geumga Plaza.

As he walked, he found himself at Han River, the rain soaking him fully, but he couldn't care less about it.
His mind was tired, his heart was in pain, and he could no longer do anything.

He leaned on the fence of the bridge above Han river, as he would always do when they visit this place with Hong Cha young.

Standing there, he was listening to the raindrops falling on the ground, and every one of them staining his clothes until he didn't feel the rain falling over him anymore.
He looked up and saw an umbrella above his head, and he looked at the person who was holding it.

In that exact moment, his heart dropped.
He pulled Cha young into his embrace, not letting a second more to waste.

Holding her tightly, Cha young smiled softly. She couldn't hide how happy she was to see Vincenzo in front of her.

"You broke my heart, cara mia"
He said, his voice cracking up

But there was no response from Cha young

"Don't ever leave like that! You scared me to death"
He was still holding her in his embrace, but when he didn't hear her say anything, he pulled her to see her face

"Say something, Cha young ahh"
His voice was almost like he was begging her

"I am here.."
That's all that Cha young said

"And I won't ever let you get away! Know that Sweetie"
He said his voice was stern, he was serious

"Vincenzo...I am not staying"
As she spilt those words, Vincenzo heart broke again, just when he found his other piece.

"You are, you are not going again anywhere"

"Give me some more time, I promise I'll come running to you"
Cha young's eyes got teary after saying this, she didn't want to let go of him, but she had to

"No, please, I can't!"
Vincenzo held her arm tightly

"One more week, just one more week, and I will come home"
She again said, hopefully, to convince him faster before she breaks in front of him

"No. Do you know what a week means for me?"

"I waited for you three years"
A small smile forming on Cha young's face

"Cha young ahh..."

"Vincenzo...please"

"Promise me you'll come back"

"I'll come back home to you"

Those words were written in Cha young's heart
She will go home......right?

_________________________________

I am so sorry for not posting sooner.
I don't feel too confident now since there are only three chapters left till the end
So wish me luck
And I wish you to enjoy it

Like I said... Love can be beautiful... but can be a curse, too