Chapter 5

Maria POV

I woke up to the sound of her alarm. Then rolled over on the side to reach her phone. I turned off the alarm and sat up in my bed. For a moment I thought about just staying in bed and catching up on the sleep I hadn't gotten during the night. Then I decided against it, I couldn't be late to class on her first day.

Groaning, I got out of bed and walked lazily over to her closet. What would I wear today. My eyes searched and scanned for an answer in the closet. I decided on a red skirt that went just below her knees and a black, thin long sleeve shirt. It didn't really matter what I wore, I would be called a whore and a slut anyway.

I got dressed and went to the bathroom. It seemed like Eliza had already used the bathroom that morning and taken a shower. I didn't bother to take a shower, I would do that later. In the mirror I saw that her cheek was still a bit red, but why bother to cover it up. I was sure everyone already knew Angelica had slapped me. To be honest maybe I did deserve it. Of course Angelica wouldn't let it slide when someone hurt her little sister.

I went into the kitchen where I found the fridge empty. I had totally forgotten to buy food and so had Eliza it seemed. Thinking about Eliza made me realize I hadn't seen her since yesterday. After carefully searching the dorm I came to the conclusion that she must have left before I even woke up. She probably wanted to avoid me.

I decided to skip breakfast, even though I hadn't eaten either lunch or dinner yesterday. It wouldn't be the first time I went without food for some time thanks to James. There was about a half hour before I had my first class, but I might as well just get going. Just in case I got lost or something.

I grabbed my bag, phone, key and went out the door ready for my first day. Hopefully better than yesterday.

Just on my way to the main halls of the school, I was yelled hateful things after. Of course I shouldn't have expected anything less. The first big problem came when I arrived at my locker. I had just put my bag in my locker. It was so nice to have lockers in the halls, so you didn't have to either carry all your books around or go all the way up to your room every time you had a new class.

Still 15 minutes until class. The classroom was at the end of the hall, so I had good time. There were obviously a lot of other students in the hall, but I tried my best to ignore them. When I closed the door of my locker I got a big shock and instantly got nervous.

Where the door to my locker had just been was now the face of none other than Angelica Schuyler. "Nice cheek" she commented with a smirk knowing she had caused it. Before I could move she dragged me into the nearest bathroom which was empty. I finally managed to speak.

"H-Hi Angelica. I-I have c-class i-in not too long s-so I better get g-going" I stutter about to walk away, but she blocks me slamming her arm onto the wall beside me. She has me standing all up against the wall. I start to move to the other side, but then she puts her other hand on that side. She now has me fully trapped.

"There's still plenty of time, a whole 14 minutes, if I'm not wrong" she says in a sweet voice, too sweet. Why would she be nice to me.

If even possible she moves closer to me. Standing only a few centimeters away. I feel my cheeks burn, presumably blushing a bit at the close proximity. I can't deny that I think she's pretty. I mean everyone knows the Schuyler Sisters are pretty. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her in that way, but I can't help myself.

"Why are you blushing? Do you think I'm pretty?" she whispers in my ear. I start shaking a bit not knowing what to do or how to get out of this situation.

She sees that my blush deppens and smiles mischievously. Before I know what is going on her lips are on mine. They are soft and sweet. I can't help myself from kissing back, even though I know this can only be a big mistake.

After not that long she pulls away and I'm speechless. That unfortunately might have been the best kiss of my life. I mean the only other person that I have ever kissed has been James and those were always rough and forceful. This kiss was sweet and gentle.

"I knew you weren't all straight. Does that mean you like me since you kissed me back or do you like Eliza? Well I'll make it easy for you. I don't want you, not because you're a girl, but because I don't date sluts. Eliza is off limits too. You aren't good enough for her and if you try anything with her I will kill you. Do you understand?" Her voice had gone from sweet to more of a sneer. Instead of feeling whatever I felt when she kissed me I now felt scared again.

I nodded silently as an answer to her question. "Glad you understand. Well I have class, so see you later little slut. Ohh and just so you know Peggy is also off limits" with that she was out the door and I was left speechless. What had just happened?

Then I remembered I had class too and ran off.