𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾

‧₊˚ ☁️𓂃 ִֶָ. *‧₊˚

Bright sunny beams warmed my face and mixed with the spring breeze that blew in through the open window of my bedroom, announcing a new morning. Just like every day, the sweet aroma of freshly blooming flowers filled my nose and when I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the Sakura tree in front of my window. It was just past seven o'clock in the morning, and yet the Tokyo city life from outside filled my ears.

A shiver ran down my spine as the cool wind brushed across my arms and I really wanted to pull my pink silk blanket even higher around me and crawl deeper into bed, but I knew I had to get up. Some mornings the temptation to just keep sleeping was especially strong, especially since I was voluntarily watering the flowers at my school, so I could allow myself the luxury of sleeping in sometimes.

As I got out of bed and slipped into my silk morning jacket, I suddenly heard the sound of the window in the room next to my bedroom opening, followed by a loud plumb. That room belonged to my younger twin sister, so I ran to check who was breaking in. I was confused as to why someone would break in here. We had enough money to make ends meet and save, but we were not wealthy, and there weren't many break-ins in this area.

Without knocking, I opened the door and saw the shadow as I entered the room. When I got close enough to recognize her, I immediately relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. She lay on the floor in front of the window with her brooch and her black cat around her. Her breathing was labored, which I noticed by her rapid chest movements, and she was sweating, likely due to the fact that she had never climbed before.

"Usagi, did you just get home?" I hissed, standing a few meters away from her, fuming.

My voice startled her as it interrupted the silence of the Tsukino house. She immediately recoiled and attempted to sit up, but failed and ended up lying on her side, smiling at me hesitantly. I crossed my arms and without saying a word, she knew that I was demanding an explanation from her.

"It's a hilarious story," I raised an eyebrow to let her know that I know she was trying to stall for time to come up with an excuse that sounded believable and would convince me. Although it was the first time that she had come home so late in the morning, it had been happening too often in the past few weeks for her to be coming home at midnight.

"I'm listening," a silence fell over the house, and the only sound was the chirping of birds outside as I watched my younger sister demandingly. I was about to get angry, since Usagi could do whatever she wanted, but I demanded an explanation. However, before I could lose my temper, I heard a purr and felt my cat nudge my leg. I had the feeling that Lucia, my cat, could sense what I was feeling, because she was always there to comfort me.

Immediately, my gaze grew warmer as I caught sight of my white cat. I knelt down and picked her up, stroking her as I looked at the blonde-haired girl, who finally managed to sit up. "Usagi?" I reminded her that she still needed to explain why she was just getting home.

"Well..." she began, taking a deep breath and looking at me. "I was at Makoto's house, and we watched a movie, but it was so boring I fell asleep," she said. It was a better excuse than the last times I asked her why she was late, but still not the best one.

"Why didn't Makoto wake you up or message us that you were sleeping at her place?" I asked her and placed my cat in my lap. "She fell asleep before me," she answered too fast, which made me more suspicious, but I let it go.

A sigh escaped my throat as I put my cat on Usagi's bed and stood up. "Take a shower, Usagi. I'll make breakfast," I said, leaving my sister's room with slow steps, followed by Lucia.

Luna, my sister's cat, had jet-black fur with ruby-red eyes, and while her unusual eye color was not the most extraordinary thing about her, her golden crescent moon on her forehead was. Lucia was the complete opposite of Luna. She had white fur with beautiful crystal blue eyes, and instead of a golden crescent moon on her forehead, she had a golden star with three spikes.

I put milk in Lucia's bowl and started making breakfast for myself and my sister. It wasn't even 7 a.m. and it had already been so turbulent. After I prepared breakfast, Usagi and I sat at the table and started eating.

As our eyes met, she smiled at me and broke the silence between us. "Do you have any time after school today?" she asked curiously. Usually, after school, I would go to my part-time job at the Mugen Academy, but due to the many exams and presentations I had at the moment, I decided to take a break. Despite having so much else to do, other than studying, I still wanted to make time for my younger sister since we haven't spent time together in a long time.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"I and my friends are going to the Crown Game Center today and I wanted to ask if you want to come with me and meet them," she replied, That Usagi didn't come home late was strange, but also her friends. I don't mean her friends are strange, I didn't know because I have never met them. What is strange is that she suddenly became close with them and hang out with them, instead of hanging out with Naru, who she has been friends with since kindergarten.

Naru has already asked me what's wrong with my sister, but I am unable to answer her question because I don't know myself. "I can't wait," I exclaimed, and she started to tell me what her friends liked and what they didn't like.

☾⋆°✩✮