heaven

Dazai knew it was going to be a tough day for her, the two year anniversary of Y/n having left the Mafia. She had been there longer than anyone he had ever known. Whenever her past had been questioned, or on the rare occasion she herself had brought it up, all of Y/n's stories took place there. He knew this was going to be a tough day, but what he didn't expect was for Y/n to show up drunk on his doorstep at three in the morning in tears.

"I didn't know where else to go." she said helplessly before falling into his open arms, "You're the only one who gets it. You're the only one who knows."

Dazai couldn't help the feelings of pride and satisfaction that rose up in his chest at her words, at the fact that she had come to him, at bay as he lead her into his apartment and shut the door behind them.

Setting her shaking form down on the couch, Y/n refused to let go of his arm. Dazai took the seat beside her instead of across and wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed into his chest. He felt the love he had for her coursing through his every vein, the hurt he had at seeing her like this, and hoped she could feel it in him too.

When at last her tears had subsided, she let go of him and looked up, using the sleeves of her hoodie to dry her eyes.

"I'm... I'm so sorry... I don't know what came over me."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked hesitantly.

Y/n shot him a sharp, calculating gaze he hadn't seen since their Mafia days, one that she hadn't directed at him since he was first her subordinate.

"You don't know anything about my life, do you." she stated matter of factly after a moment. 

He shook his head. 

"Good. All you ever need to know is what I have told you."

He was a little kid again at the hint of harshness in her tone, having just been assigned to her command.

"Who is this." said the little girl dressed in all black as she entered the Boss's office, barely sparing Mori a glance.

"Ah, so cold as always to your loving superior  Y/n." Mori said dramatically before a smirk slipped across his face, "I hope you won't be so harsh to your new subordinate."

"What!?" both Y/n and Dazai had exclaimed in shock, turning to look at the Boss.

"She's like twelve!" Dazai exclaimed exasperatedly, "You can't possibly expect me to listen to a child!"

"I am thirteen for your information mister and Mori, I don't want to deal with him! You know I work alone."

Mori chuckled at your childish antics.

"Y/n, you're the only executive without any subordinates at all. Dazai here has been my personal... project the past few years. Now that I am the boss of the Port Mafia, what I say goes."

"She's an executive!" Dazai exclaimed, jumping back, "But she's a year younger than me! Shouldn't I be the one in charge of her!?"

"Shut up, dog." Y/n said harshly, advancing on her new subordinate, "I could make you tear yourself limb from limb if I wanted, do not test me."

"Oh, I'm so scared. Too bad my ability just lets me nullify anyone else's making your ability useless against me." he sarcastically responded, looking down at the young girl before him who quickly allowed a scalpel to fall from her sleeve into her hand.

He felt the cold of the blade against his jugular before he'd even had the time to register she was moving.

"Do not underestimate me stupid boy." she hissed sharply in his ear and Dazai felt his face grow hot.