Chapter 3

Time flies by, and in a blink of an eye, the Spring Festival has arrived.

On this day, when the sky was dark, Lu Zhengan had already stood up. Diligently sweeping the yard and the open space in front of the door, I heard the noise of people nearby. If you look carefully, you can see that the vendors have set up their stalls on the roadside up the mountain.

Several vendors who had come to borrow water saw Lu Zhengan raising his hand to say hello.

"Good morning, little brother."

"Good morning, boss."

The vendor who greeted him was a breakfast vendor, and Lu Zhengan said "boss", which made the other person smile. Knowing that Lu Zheng'an was the only one in this small courtyard, he took two buns from the basket and brought them over.

"I've been bothering you a lot these past two days. I'll give you these two buns to try out my cooking skills."

Seeing how enthusiastic the boss was, Lu Zhengan did not refuse. However, Lu Zhengan is not someone who likes to take advantage. After taking the bun, he took two coins from his pocket and stuffed them into the boss's hand.

"It's so early in the morning that you can't just give it away for free. The spring water on the mountain isn't worth much, so it's no trouble at all."

Seeing that the boss was embarrassed and wanted to return the copper plate, Lu Zheng'an smiled and said: "If the boss refuses to take it, then it will be difficult for me to accept these two buns. It's not easy for everyone to get up early and work late every day. It doesn't make sense because there is no need on the mountain." The fountain of money will take advantage of you."

When the boss heard what Lu Zheng'an said, he couldn't continue to be humble. He thanked Lu Zheng'an and went back to do business.

Ever since Matchmaker Jiang led people to tidy up the garden, there would be some vendors selling snacks and snacks at the foot of the mountain during the day.

Although Lujiacun is very close to Hualong Town, people in the village don't go out much if they have nothing to do. In addition, Hualong Mountain is the intersection of several villages. People from the nearby villages come here to hang out when they have nothing to do. As a result, these traders are doing pretty well.

Lu Zhengan moved around a bit and felt a little hungry. I ate the buns first while they were still hot. Considering that there was still a long time in the morning, I went home and heated up a steamed bun with mixed noodles and a boiled egg. However, before he could eat it, he saw the village chief entering the yard with his hands behind his back.

"Village chief, have you eaten? If not, let's eat some together." Lu Zheng'an walked out of the kitchen.

"After eating, you eat yours, I just came over to take a look."

The village chief, Lu Changgen, stood at the door of the kitchen for a moment without entering the house. He looked around the clean and tidy courtyard, a hint of relief flashing in his eyes.

Ever since Mr. Lu passed away, Lu Zhengan has become depressed. Although I have to work every day, I don't look alive at all.

Lu Changgen knew that Mr. Lu's death had a great impact on Lu Zheng'an, but he didn't know how to persuade him. Coupled with the opposition from Mrs. Ge in the village, Lu Zhengan became more and more silent. Sometimes he would not even say a word when meeting him.

Fortunately, he seemed to have thought about it in the past two months. Not only did his eyes become brighter, but he also talked more than usual, which made Lu Changgen feel relieved.