Chapter 1

The Beginning to the End

Harvester's Journal

My name is Kayth Astren (K-AE-th), I am a 17 year old student attending Estren Academy for the Prestige; The brighter side of the city but beyond the picket fences and the smiling faces, the city is dying. I was fortunate to find myself in a place where my beloved grandmother took me in after a controversy in my family. Many others in my position have deliberately chosen to lose their compassion and their integrity as a human being but I know and have sensed that beyond the truth like an echoing screech in the wind, it haunts the streets as crime never stops, running rampant.

News Reporters: Crime runs rampant yet again in Estren City as the group known as the Crimson Petals led by the world renowned boss of organized crime, Crimson Hail. Hail causes destruction once again, causing major for Law Enforcement agencies reaching across the states. We have documented videos of the more recent public appearance by Crimson Hail. But be warned, the content is disturbing.

Officer: We have you surrounded, Crimson Hail! Come out with your hands up along with the rest of your crooks. Come out peacefully and we may consider going easy on you.

Officers surround a bank and the officer is smug with an expression of an easy victory before him. The building explodes with a enormous explosion as a young woman comes from the fires with crimson smog forming behind her and she carries a villainous smile with her hands up and remote in her hand and she presses the button on it and the floor under the officers explodes and launches them up and blood falls from the sky like rain as the officers bodies, now pieces of what they once were as they fall, decorating the streets.

Valeria: My hands were up officer, I swear.

She shines a sinister smile before the crimson smog behind her outlines her men, all carrying large bags of what would be money

News Reporter: We advise everyone to stay inside and limit wandering the streets, for any step could be your last.

An old woman standing at 5 foot 4 inches walks to the door. Her body even in old age appears strong as she keeps a solid posture. She has grey silver hair held up in a bun, green eyes, red lipstick with an hourglass figure and light tan skin tone. Wrinkles along her face, most seen under her eyes and some on her cheeks. The skin of her hands, loose from old age. Wearing what seems more like a Victorian dressing gown with hoop skirt as a red bow decorates her neck.  She open the door as a boy, well you really can't say that when they're almost 18. A man in the making stands at the door. Standing at 5'8, black fluffy wavy hair, caramel tan skin and barren eyes. A void of white replaced the usual portrait of pupils and iris, the white sclera of the eyes remaining. A smaller than average nose, more cute that anything with glorious little dimples as he grins as his grandmother. He stand there with a blue t-shirt, black jeans, black-white sneakers and a mala necklace with beads made from dark oak. 

Abuela Elena: Oh Kayth! Glad to see you're home this early, any news from the Academy?

Kayth: No not really, if by news you mean just why I'm here so early, well they just canceled afternoon activities due to what's been going on in the central parts of the city. Oh also, that crew you hired to restore Abuelo's manor, how is it going?

Abuela Elena: Oh, they're working hard, they said that in about a week it should be done. It could serve as a way to get out of here for our own sake. There's chaos all over the city. This is no place for a young man such as yourself, Kayth.

Kayth: Abuela, I love this city, I love our home, I do miss Abuelo's manor, the whole idea just feels like going back to happy memories, but at the same time it is haunting. I don't want to abandon this city, I want to nurture it and look after it. I want everyone to be safe with a smile on their face just trying to live their best without all the crime that plagues my city.