Violent Nights

AELLA FIER softly groaned in her sleep, her mind caught in the swirling depths of dreams

AELLA FIER softly groaned in her sleep, her mind caught in the swirling depths of dreams. As she slowly regained consciousness, she found herself standing in the midst of a bustling school. The sights and sounds of students filled the air, and Aella couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and trepidation. Her heart raced with anticipation as she took in the vibrant surroundings. It was as if her dreams had come to life in vivid detail. Suddenly, a young boy rushed past her, narrowly avoiding a collision. Intrigued, Aella instinctively followed.

The boy turned, and Aella paused. She recognized him. She's been having dreams of him for over two weeks straight. Suddenly, she stiffened, realizing how angry he looked. He ran directly towards her, and Aella squeezed her eyes shut, but felt a breeze pass by. When she opened her eyes in surprise, she couldn't believe it. Did he just walk through her? Without wasting a moment, Aella quickly followed him.

He charged towards the kid, his anger evident as he tightly gripped the collar and unleashed a series of brutal punches to the nose. Aella couldn't bear to watch and instinctively turned away, tears welling up in her eyes. In that moment, as she shifted her gaze, she locked eyes with a stunning blonde girl. It felt like time stood still as their eyes connected, even if just for a brief moment. The girl's voice echoed in the chaos, but all Aella could hear was a muffled ringing in her ears.

-

Aella jolted awake in a panic, her heart racing. "The blood. The blood," she exclaimed. Just as she sat up, Gabriel swiftly sat up too, following her closely. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for a comforting hug as muffled sobs escaped her throat. "Ellie, it's okay. I've got you," he reassured her. Sniffling, she managed to say, "The blood." Gabriel paused, releasing the hug and crouching down to her eye level. "What blood?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Aella glanced down at her hands, relieved to see no signs of blood. "Did you dream about him again?" Gabriel asked, his eyes filled with sympathy. Aella nodded, her voice trembling, "He was so violent, Gabe. He was angry, and there was this girl. I thought they could see me." Gabriel frowned, his heart aching for his girlfriend. "I'm sorry," he murmured, pulling her back into a tight embrace.

"You want some water?" Gabriel asked. Aella nodded in response. "Come on," he muttered, standing up and lifting Aella, her legs wrapping around his waist. Aella couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen.

-

Aella stared blankly at the steaming coffee before her, hugging her knees. "El?" Gabriel called, and she blinked, looking up at her partner. She hummed in response. "You okay?" Aella nodded, but her expression told a different story. Gabriel gently asked, "Do you want to talk about it?" They had always been good at communicating, but sometimes Aella just needed to retreat. She shook her head. "I'm okay. I think I'll just take a shower." Gabriel looked conflicted but ultimately nodded, understanding her need for space.

Aella stood up, her fingers wrapped around the warm coffee mug. She took a small sip, the comforting taste of the brew soothing her nerves. Setting the mug down, she made her way over to Gabriel and settled onto his lap. Looking into his eyes, she spoke softly, "Hey, I know you're worried, but trust me, I'm okay. My sister always told me that visions that aren't mine don't always have a negative meaning. Okay?" Gabriel's arms tightened around her, his concern evident. Aella smiled and leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head. "Can I join you?" Gabriel playfully called out, hoping to share in her shower. Aella laughed, her voice filled with joy, "No way! It's my solo time."

As Aella settled into the bath, her thoughts became hazy, almost like she was drifting away from reality. She turned off the water and slowly eased herself in, still fully clothed. With a deep sigh, she closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of the water enveloping her. The sound of the flowing water filled her ears, creating a soothing and muffled ambiance. Gradually, she began to sink into the depths of relaxation.

-

As Aella sat in the backseat of the car, she looked ahead and saw the girl she had seen before, along with a boy in the driver's seat. This time, Aella couldn't hear anything. Her panic grew as she witnessed the girl becoming distressed when the boy touched her inner thigh. Aella spoke up from the backseat, saying, "Let go." She herself started to feel overwhelmed with panic.

"Let go!" Aella's voice filled the car, filled with a mix of fear and determination. The argument between the pair escalated as the boy stubbornly refused to remove his hand. Aella's heart raced as she shouted again, her words echoing through the tense atmosphere. Finally, in a sudden twist, the boy let out a piercing scream of pain, causing Aella's eyes to widen in shock. But before she could process what had happened, a deafening impact shook the car, sending it into chaos. Darkness enveloped everything, leaving Aella in a state of confusion and uncertainty.

-

"Ellie!" A familiar voice called out, snapping her back to reality. Aella felt a strong grip pulling her out of the tub, and as she blinked, she saw Gabriel's concerned expression. Confusion clouded her mind as she tried to gather her thoughts. Aella opened her mouth to speak, but no words escaped her lips. Sensing her distress, Gabriel embraced her tightly, disregarding the fact that her wet clothes were soaking his own. All he wanted in that moment was for Aella to be okay.

"Here, take this," Gabriel said, handing her a warmed towel. Aella smiled, leaning into him for comfort. "What happened this time?" she asked, looking up at him. Aella's frown deepened as she explained, "The girl from my last vision was there, and she got into an accident." She sighed, frustrated by her inability to distinguish between past, present, and future in her visions. Gabriel's heavy accent added a touch of familiarity as he asked, "What do you make of it?"

"I think I gotta protect 'em both. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel..." Aella paused, struggling to find the right words to express herself to Gabriel. "It's alright," he whispered, planting a gentle kiss on her head. Aella pulled back, looking at him with anticipation, urging him to continue. "I heard from Mercury," he continued. "She's sending a witch our way with a map, and we gotta travel to Paris." Aella nodded, taking in the information.

Aella was the first one to move into their shared apartment, seeking safety away from the watchful eyes of the Fairborn council. It's truly intriguing that her ancestor was Mercury, and it was through her guidance that Gabriel found his way into Aella's life. As their story unfolded, a series of captivating events took place. Aella's gift, which she possessed in abundance, revealed itself to be incredibly powerful and awe-inspiring.

-

What do we think of the first chapter? I know since Gabriel isn't introduced until later on I wanted to give a little background information so this is somewhat of a filler chapter. I'm super excited for future chapters to come. I have a lot planned so stick around and let me know what you think. Also anything that doesn't make sense right now I swear will make sense in the next chapters.

- @deadlyloserr