12

It was three weeks after Fakhir had left for Islamabad. Today was Annie's last exam and she was extremely happy as all her exams went well and now she has completed her bachelors. Soon she would receive her marks and she would be a B tech graduate. Her dream to become and engineer was coming true, and Fakhir was supposed to return in one week and Annie couldn't wait for it. She was growing impatient for his return.

She the received a call from him and she impatiently picked it up...
It had become their habit to talk daily for at least 30 mins.

Annie: Hello Fakhir!!! Kaise ho??
Hi Fakhir!!! How are you?

Fakhir: mai theek hu! (Gloomily)
I am fine!

Annie: kya hua??
What happened?

Fakhir: vo mujhe actually ek bohot imp project mila hai jiski wajah se mujhe 2 hafte or rukna padega... Company ki request hai ye uske baad mujhe leaving certificate mil jayega...
Actually I got an important project due to which I would have to stay for 2 more weeks. After that I would get my leave certificate.

Though Annie was sad to hear that Fakhir would have to stay longer but she couldn't deny the fact that Fakhir was so capable that his company wanted him to be part of an important project and specifically asked for him...

Annie: no problem Fakhir!! Ye ek bohot achi opportunity hai... Tumhe khush hona chahie. Jab itna wait kiya hai toh thoda or hi sahi...
No problem Fakhir. This is a great opportunity, you should be happy, when we have waited till now we can wait a little more...

Fakhir: thankyou Annie...

They both then talked about their day and then went off to sleep

Next morning Fakhir left for his job at 8:50 am he was trying to look at the positive side but couldn't help feeling a little lost.

His day went by and around 6:30 he went back to his apartment. he entered the apartment and sat on the sofa and put his head in between his hands. Then someone offered him a glass of water. Without thinking he took it.. suddenly he realised he lived alone and jerked his head in upward direction.
And there was Annie, smiling and looking at him. At first he couldn't believe himself so he pinched her.

Annie: ouch!! Mujhe kyun chunti kaati?
Ouch!! Why did u pinch me?

Fakhir: tum sachme yahan ho!!! Omg .
You are actually here!!! Omg

He kept the glass on the table, stood up and hugged her tightly. Both of them were craving for this touch and as soon as they got it they felt so relieved....

Fakhir: tum yahan kaise??
How are you here?

Annie: bade abbu ki wajah se...
Because of bade abbu...

Flashback
When annie cut her call with Fakhir she went and told Zaheer about the opportunity Fakhir got and about his delay in return. So Zaheer told her to go to Islamabad to him. He thought as all her exams were done and the results would take atleast 2-3 weeks to come out, so she basically had nothing to do till then and instead of staying here and doing household work, she should go to Fakhir, they would also get a much required time together and Fakhir would also not feel alone. And everybody except Habib supported him. But no one paid any heed to him.

Flashback over...

As soon as Fakhir heard everything he just lifted up annie in hugging position and twirled her around. Their laughs echoing in the whole house. They were extremely happy. He put her down still having a huge smile on hin face.
He couldn't control his excitement and just kissed her, holding her face between his hand. Annie was too shocked too respond and just stood their as a statue. When Fakhir realised he broke off immediately.

Fakhir: i am sorry!!! Mujhe pta nhi kya hua. Tumhe bura laga kya? Of course laga hi hoga.. please mujhe galat mat samajhna. Mai...
I am sorry!!! I don't know what happened to me. U felt bad? Of course you felt bad... please don't misunderstand me. I...

Before he could proceed Annie kissed him with same passion. He stumbled a little but balancing himself he held her tightly. Kissing her hard!!! Biting her lips in between... none of them wanted to leave each other... but broke apart due to lack of oxygen.

As soon as they broke apart Fakhir joined their heads and Muttered

Fakhir: I LOVE YOU MRS. FAKHIR...

Annie looked at him with longing and tears forming in her eyes.

Fakhir: tum ro kyun rhi ho? Itni buri kiss thi kya (jokingly)

Annie: (slapping his arm lightly) maine kabhi nhi socha tha koi mujhse pyaar krega... mai kisi ke liye important hungi... Aaj tumhare muh se ye sunke aisa lag rha hai jaise duniya ki saari khushi mil gyi.
I never thought someone would love me, that I would be important for someone. Today hearing this from you, I feel like I got all the happiness in the world.

Fakhir: abhi toh aapko bohot kuch milna hai or humare paas 3 hafte hai sirf humare liye... dekhti jao mai kya kya krta hu.
You are yet to get a lot of things, we have 3 weeks to ourselves... just wait and watch.

Both kept looking at each other smiling and hugged again this time holding more tightly if that was possible...