Fake Dating

Me and Mattheo Riddle have been frenemies since before first year. My mother and father are loyal followers of the dark lord, so why wouldn't I be expected to be friends with his son? It all started upon our very first meeting when the both of us realized there was no way either of us would be able to get along with the other. To make our parents happy we played nice, in front of them we're best friends but behind closed doors we couldn't be further from it.

That's why my jaw slightly drops when Mattheo Riddle sits down in the chair beside me in the common room this evening.

" What do you want?" I ask not bothering to look up from my book.

" It's nice to see you too" he grumbles sarcastically.

" What. Do. You. Want" I repeat closing my book and giving him my full attention.

" I have a favour to ask you" he says mischievously.

" I don't like the sound of that" I sigh crossing my legs. " Why do I feel like this will entail me being highly uncomfortable"

" Mmm I think you'll secretly enjoy yourself" he smirks. " I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend"

" You want me to what?!" I snap raising my voice slightly. He raises his hands in an attempt to calm me down.

" Relax relax, you don't even know the details yet!" He says.

" Yes please tell me because I'm sure it will be way less weird once I know the creepy details" I smile pressing my lips together in annoyance.

" Well you know how girls are all over me right?" He asks but hit before an eye roll.

" Unfortunately yes I have noticed" I say.

" Well I need it to stop. Do you know how many times I've just been trying to relax and enjoy myself and random girls throw themselves at me? I mean honestly I really don't want to sleep with a new girl every night" he groans at the thought.

" Okay I don't need the details, but I can see why that would be annoying" I ponder the idea for a moment. " Hmm maybe this would help Cedric get off my ass for dumping him"

" It will only be in public" he says.

" Yeah it better be, I'm noting anything with you behind closed doors" I shake the thought form my head. " Fine I'm in"

" Huh I thought that would take a lot more convincing" he mused.

" There's no way Draco is going to believe us though" I say. Draco knows the two of us well enough to know we would never ever like each other in that sense.

Just as the words leave my lips in walks the famous Malfoy. He eyes the both of us and walks over just as Matteo stands up to leave.

" Hey Draco, I was just heading out" he shoots him a fake smile.

" I'll help you with your homework later?" Matteo asks me and I fight the urge make a comment. Instead I nod  and smile as he exits the room.

" Help you with homework? What is he your boyfriend?" Draco jokes coldly.

" Uh yes actually" I say fighting to suppress the to scream. This feels so incredibly wrong.

" Okay now thats the most bloody ridiculous thin you've ever said." He says sitting down beside me un the couch.

" I'm serious" I say not looking directly in his eyes for fear of laughing.

" No- what? Since when? Did your father put you up to this? Is it arranged?" He asks raising and eyebrow confusion spreading on his face.