Chapter 6

"Sorry Xiao but you are incharge of Qiqi for today." Xiao stared at Ganyu in disbelief.

"The company I work at suddenly needed more man-power, please Xiao just coop with it until Mr Zhongli comes back?" Xiao clicked his mouth in annoyance, he already did his turn yesterday. He tried to find any excuse to get him out of the mess he was in, only to come out empty handed. It wasn't that he didn't like taking care of Qiqi, he actually enjoys it alot, but it was technically his rest day.

"Then promise to take over one of my days to make it fair." Xiao just looked at Ganyu with his usual blank stare while crossing his arms below his chest. Ganyu immediately agreed without hesitation before leaving the house with a simple goodbye. Xiao sighed as he began walking towards Qiqi's room, this can't get any worse can it?

"I hate my life." Xiao hung his head low as children of different ages ran past him, screaming and laughing. Qiqi was playing on the swing with her old friends, Yao yao, Sayu and Klee. Well only Klee is old since she has a longer lifespan than the other two kids. Whatever age manipulation stuff her mom taught actually came in handy, she still looks like a 6 year old.

Xiao wasn't really close to either Sayu or Yao yao, he heard about Yao yao from Ganyu telling him how embarrassed she was for such a young girl to be keeping an eye on her, an adeptus. As for Sayu, he saw her many times playing with Qiqi during the lantern rite festival.

"Since when did you opt for babysitting?"

"I didn't have much of a choice- wait a minute." That voice belonged to the last person Xiao wanted to see. Xiao jolted away from Aether before glaring at him.

"Why are you here?" Xiao steadied himself as he jabbed his index finger into Aether's face forcefully. Aether chuckled, pushing Xiao's hand from his face.

"I was just having a walk when I noticed you sitting on this bench alone, in a playground more specifically."

Xiao obviously didn't believe a word that he said. "You stalked me didn't you."