The Explanation

A knock on my bedroom door, Jay appeared, Dad wants to see you. "Uggh."  I went to Dad's study, and found Mom, Lindsay, Jay and Dad in his office.   "Cristi, what happened?" "Well, I had a paper to do, I worked all week on it, my research notes, references etc, I left it on my lap top on my desk.  Closed and locked, somehow my laptop qa+m teaom your room?" " No one asked. " Dad shifted in his chair.  "No one asked?" He looked dead at my Mother.  " Who gave permission, to use Cristiana's lap top,?"  "I didn't think she'd mind." " You didn't ask her, now because if this  she has redo her entire paper. "  "Lindsay meant no harm. "  " Then why not loan her, your laptop?" "I need mine for work, that's why I bought it. "  " Cristina bought hers, for the same reason. "  " First my room, no, my bed, then my room, do a favor, and even that is threatened, when does it end."  " Stop being so melodramatic. "  "Melodramatic, unbelievable, I have to rush to the law library, to pick up, the overnight reference book, that I waited three days for, all that work, I'll have to pull an all nighter, thanks Mom, thanks for looking out for your niece, at your daughter's expense. " "Drama Queen 👸 "."  Dad took offense at that, " Dora, how much did you contribute to Crista's laptop?"  Mom being sarcastic, "As much as you did."   " True, true, so what gave you the right, to "loan" her laptop to Lindsay, without asking her,knowing she had work on it?" "If she hadn't locked it.."  "So, you used a magnetic device to open it, not caring if you, ruined or erased her work?"   "It was an accident.." "An accident, that wouldn't not have happened if you kept your hands off her laptop. "

     " Crista, I am ready for bed, please turn out the lights."  I ignored her, and kept typing.  "Crista, it's ten o clock, time for bed 🛌, I need my sleep  💤. "  I still kept rustling papers and typing.  Lindsay waddled out, I knew where she was headed.  Jay, asked one question, and then Mom was at the door.  "Crista, Lindsay needs rest, close up, shop."  " I can't Mom, I have to work on my paper."  " Then go downstairs. "  ",Why should I leave my bedroom, to reconstruct a paper, that if my Mother, hadn't loaned my laptop, without my concent or knowledge to her niece." 

     Mom went to pull the connector cord, "Mom, do not touch that cord." "Lindsay needs rest. "  "Lindsay needs to go to a motel. "   "Cristiana, lights out!", and she pulled the connector cord.   "Mom!"  I turned on Lindsay with speed and force of an F/5 tornado 🌪,", my furious gaze on Lindsay,  "get out, Get out, GET OUT!!" The raised voices, brought Dad in, "Lucas, calm your daughter down. "  " What am I, the daughter of conveniance?"   "Lucas, Lindsay needs rest, convince your daughter to either go somewhere else, or go to bed." " Fine, I'll go to sleep 💤., but she's sleeping elsewhere. "  " Crista, go down to my office and sleep 💤. "  "Dad, Why am I always giving in, when is it someone else's turn?"  A Fatherly kiss on the forehead.

       I was up at seven and found my mother and cousin at the kitchen table, having breakfast.  "I guess it's serve yourself day."  Dad strolled, in uniform, I handed him a hot cup of coffee, a glance, I pulled out the Hazelnut creame.   I pulled out my "Hard Time " biscuits. Heated, I gave him three, "Juice, Dad?" "Thank you." 

    "I went to depart, and Mother said, "Crista, you only have three classes today, and the first one, isn't until ten."  " I have an exam, I wan.t some study time, before the exam."  " What  class?" "Ethics, legal ethics."  

    My cell phone buzzed, Mom saw the message.  I swiped my phone, and headed for my car.  Mom came out after me.  "Crista, you have a pass waiting for you, at Columbia Hospital. " " Yes, I do."  " Crista, you're not going to "tattle", to your Aunt Mary."  " I promised to visit her."  " Crista, don't be childish."  " Childish, you ask for favors, use emotional blackmail, to get your way, and I am childish."