CHIT CHAT

VAIN

VAIN

Satoni wanted to meet with me, but I can't say that it shocked me. I knew that he was probably going to question me about the things that I told Athena. I didn't feel bad about giving her the answers that she wanted, and I would be sure to let him know that. I walked into his house and smiled. "You have a beautiful home."

"Thanks, Athena liked it, and so I bought it. Can I offer you a drink?"

I smirked, "I would love one. Thank you for the kind gesture." He turned around and headed towards the kitchen and I followed him. "Let's just get right to the point because I know you didn't invite me here for little chit chat."

He passed me a drink, "why would you tell Athena about her father selling her out? If you cared about her, you would be trying to protect her."

I took a sip and smirked, "that's where you're wrong. It's not my job to protect your wife. She came to me and asked me a question and I gave her an answer. If you want to continue to protect her father, that is up to you."

He shook his head, "what are you trying to gain?"

"Nothing," I shrugged. "I don't want anything, Satoni. I stepped away from you and Athena. Instead of questioning me, you need to ask her why she can't seem to stay away from me." I wasn't trying to get under his skin, but he needed to understand that I did what was asked of me. I wanted nothing to do with them.

He poured himself a drink and downed it in one gulp. "Stop acting like you don't love her. We all know that you do, so be honest with me. You told her because you wanted her to hate you. You want to push her away."

"That's true, so why would I continue to tip toe around the truth? I'm the bad guy, remember? I have to play that part until the very end. I don't want Athena to ever feel safe with me. I don't want her to get comfortable with me again. You said that you want me to take care of her in case something happened to you, but that's not what you really want. You want me to stay far away from her. Don't pretend to like me, Satoni. It's pitiful, especially when we both know the truth. You will never forgive me for what I did to your sister. Even as we sit here now, you still try to hide your hatred for me." I twirled my glass around slowly before downing the brown liquid inside. "You'll never forgive me for being Athena's first, and the only reason that you want me to look after her after you're gone is because you know she will come to me herself. You want to have that small satisfaction of knowing that you had a say so in her being with me. If I didn't force her to come to you, she would still be with me."

He stared at me for a second, "and what if that's true? It won't change a thing. You're right, I still look at you as a piece of shit. You will always be the lowest of the low in our ranks. Fighting with you won't change anything, so I'm being smart, and deciding to make peace with you."

I raised an eyebrow, "trust me...we're even. I told you and your father that I didn't kill your sister. You knew that I didn't and you still killed her. So, when Alonzo came to me and asked me to fuck Athena...I didn't tell him no. There was so much more that I wanted to do with her, but her falling in love was the best thing."