Ch. 38: Couldn't Be Better

A/N: So this is the final chapter..but there's big news in the authors note at the end! I hope you take the time to read it, enjoy!

{Laura's POV~}

"Laura.." Hands grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Laura wake up." The same voice encourages me again.

Lifting my head up, I can feel my cheeks are stained with tears. The whole right side of my face is wet. Makeup smeared everywhere.

"Laura, are you okay? You've been out for over two hours." Riker looks down at me with concern.

My lip quivers before I begin crying and screaming like a baby.

"Ross! He's gone! I-I can't live like this, kill me right now! Please!" I cry, bringing more tears to my eyes.

Riker scrunches up his eyebrows, "Laura take a look around."

Slowing my crying, I take a look around the room. White walls, flowers, get well cards, medical equipment, the steady beat of the heart monitor, and..Ross!

He's alive? But..

"I-I the line was flat! How!"

"Maybe you were out longer then I thought." Riker replies, confusing me again.

"Huh?"

"You passed out a couple hours ago. I'll let the doctor explain it all to you." He says gesturing to the man in the white coat standing behind me.

"Good to see your awake Miss Marano." The doctor smiles, "I have good news for you."

"What is it!" I could really use some good news right now.

"Ross is going to he okay. I believe he will be fully recovered within six months." He says, bringing a smile to my face and a huge relief.

"But how? I thought he was..gone." I whimper looking down at Ross. He wasn't awake, but alive.

The doctor sighs, "Well, his heart did in fact stop. That's when you passed out. However we managed to get his heart to start up again. It was a close call."

My eyes water, this time from being so happy. I was too close to loosing the love of my life. I don't know what I would have done with out him. I probably would have died from being so heart broken.

"When do you think he'll become conscious again?" I ask, looking down.

"It won't be long, he was actually regaining consciousness when his heart stopped. His body couldn't handle it. I'd say a day or two." He explains and I squeeze Ross' hand.

"Okay." I simply reply, wanting everyone to leave the room so I can be with Ross alone.

Riker sits down next to me as the doctor exits the room. I could see in his eyes that he was scared for his little brother. Despite that the doctor said he would be okay.

"How's everyone else doing?" I ask, realizing I hadn't even visited Rydel or Ellington.

Riker takes a deep breathe and I begin praying that he only has good news to share.

"Ell has a broken arm but he's already out of bed to be with Rydel. My mom is okay, she has a broken wrist but all she really cares about is everyone else." He pauses to take a breath, "Rydel..isn't in the best shape, but she's doing okay."

Looking at him, pain flashes through his eyes and I can't help but hug him tightly. He hugs me back and kisses my forehead.

"Why does it feel like everything bad happens to the best people-the ones who don't deserve it." I sob into his chest.