Chapter eight

Narrator pov

Wally and Y/N made their way into Home. The inside looked the exact same as that last time Y/N visited. Nothing out of place and nothing was moved at all really. Maybe a few things moved but nothing was really different.

"Ok neighbor, let's get started! The day isn't getting any younger!" Wally said while he grabbed Y/N's hand and pulled them down the small hallway that was in his house.

They made their way to a door that Y/N hadn't seen before. It was at the end of the hallway and it was neat the door to the... What Y/N assumed was a basement type place.

Wally opened the door and moved out of the way so Y/N could go in before him. "After you, neighbor.." He said with that same smile on his face.

Y/N smiled and walked into the room and looked around with awe. The room was filled to the brim with nothing but art supplies. There was a whole shelf that filled a wall that was full of paint, paint brushes, canvas, and so much more. In the middle of the room was a stool with an easel in front of it.

When they looked to the left they could see a few finished paintings that seemed to be drying. They were laying against the wall. The biggest one was about a foot tall, it was a simple painting of a meadow. The other painting was one of an apple, seemed to be a still life. The final one looked... Different. It was a white canvas filled with nothing but swirls.

Y/N stared at the third painting before Wally walked in front of them. They seemed so familiar. It made them remember that- "Y/N? Darling are you ok? You seem to be out of focus." He said with slight worry in his tone.

They quickly snapped out of the trance they were win and they turned to look at him. "Oh! Yeah I'm fine..." They said before looking at the painting one last time. "Good. Now let's get started making these decorations!" Wally said as he pulled out a few paints, paint brushes and also a canvas.

"Now I was thinking that I could paint something for the decorations and you could use your skills to make a few banners. Will that be ok?" Wally asked while he placed the canvas on the easel in the middle of the room.

"Sure that sounds fine." They said in a slightly dismissive tone. Their mind was still stuck on the painting that was laying against the wall of the room. Why was it just swirls? Why dose it make me remember things? What is it that I need to remember? All of these thoughts were in there head.

A sound of snapping fingers pulled them away from their thoughts. They looked at wally, who was stareing at them with a concerned expression. "Dear are yous ure you're ok? You seem.. out of it today." He said as he walked up next to them.

"I assure I'm fine, I just have a lot on my mind." They say while looking down. They put a smile on their face and looked at wally. "But that doesn't matter! Now let's get started!" They said in a usually happy tone.

Wally smiled again and nodded. "Ok then." He said before he sat down at the stool and started painting. Y/N took a few markers and a pair of scissors. They also grabbed a long piece of paper then stated drawing out a banner.

Their mind was still full of thoughts. Mainly about the painting and if they were being honest, about wally. Not bad but not good either. Why would he paint that? Was it a failed attempt at a painting? If that were so, why did he still have it? Why didn't he throw it out? Their hand moved on its own as their mind continued to wander.