[vi. pills n potions]

"Pills and potions, we're overdosing..."

___

"Whatever you do, don't drink the punch," Michael tells Kennedy as they meet her in the hallway of Jesse Fisher's house.

"What?" Her nose wrinkles as she offers Calum and then Ashton and then Luke a hug. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you to shit yourself, tonight. That's why."

"What?"

"Just listen, Kennedy! Shit. You know what?" He throws up his hands, "drink it if you want. Just don't call me from the hospital."

"Michael."

He stops, her hand pushed against his chest. "You might want to try that again," she says, lifting her fists beneath her eyes, "Unless you wanna catch these hands."

He runs a hand through his colored hair. "Okay, wait," he says, at the sight of her narrowed lids. "Alright, that came out wrong."

"You're damn right it did, you fuckboy," she exclaims, slapping him in the arm. "Now what the fuck're you getting at?"

"Ouch! Fuck you, Kennedy!"

"Now, start over and be clear this time."

He runs a hand over his face. "Don't drink the punch, okay? The red one, y'know. The one that's open on the kitchen counter-"

She gasps. "You spiked the punch?"

"Shhh! Fuck, Kenn."

"What'd you put it it? Dude, it's already got alcohol in it! It's called Jungle Juice. Have you never been to a party?"

__

"Ready to go?"

Paige laughs, shaking her head as her sister takes her hand in the backyard of Jesse's house. "Seriously? Pops, we just got here."

"I know," Royce rubs her cold arms. "And now, I'm ready to leave. See how much fun I'm having?"

"Noooo," her best friend, Lola, slurs beside her. "Don't go, Royce. You never come to these with me."

She's drunk off her ass. "And you wonder why?"

They're standing with Paige and her friends. Any other junior would kill to be in her position, surrounded by seniors and Jesse Fisher, the party host, except everyone seems high and drunk and Royce isn't really a drinker and she's never inhaled or snorted or shot up any type of illegal substance, so you could say she isn't exactly a druggie, either.

Not even at parties.

Like Lola.

Who was now laying on Harry Styles' shoulder as she laughed at some story his friend, Louis Tomlinson, was now telling.

Royce sighs, because she didn't even have Liam as a distraction. He wasn't coming to the party.

"Look, it's fine, Paige. I can find a ride home, it's not that big of a deal."

"Royce, you literally just got here," laughs Paige's friend, Jesy. "Loosen up, would you?"

"Yeah," Jade laughs. "You're more fun at school."

Paige grins, her eyes scanning the bodies milling around Jesse's yard. Royce knows she's looking for Zayn. "She just needs a drink," she shrugs. "Here," and she holds out a cup. "Have some punch."

__

Calum hates this type of shit.

He hates these types of parties with these types of people. He hates seeing his classmates and peers outside of school because he hates seeing them in school. Why would he want to actually interact with these fucks on his weekend?