Feels So Unreal

"Will you be my boyfriend?" I asked, kneeling infront of the dumbfounded boy. With a strange sensation filling my chest, I waited for his answer.

He was dressed in black with strips of grey baggy pants and tshirt which had the design of a skeleton. To my suprise the only part of his body which was visible were his eyes. Those vicious brown eyes had stolen my heart and buried it in the deepest part of the earth. I was ready to be chained in the most silent room, maybe even tortured. That was how much I loved him.. But the main question remained..

Did he love me back? Did he feel the same way I felt for him? We did confess to each other, but that was almost 10 years ago. We were just kids back then unaware if it was just attraction or..No.. I could not think that way.. I closed my eyes and I could feel a lump forming in my throat. I could hear some murmurs. People were recording this while some girls gasped and everyone maintained a good amount of distance from me.

Why were they acting like that? Didn't people cheer for the couple during public confession? Then why was I receiving such a weird response?

"Yes."

My thoughts were interrupted by his deep husky voice. I stared at Baekhyun, my lips parted as I absorbed what he had said. A yes? I sprang to my feet and asked again.

"Was that a yes? For my proposal?"

I felt his gaze on me for a brief moment, and there was no doubt that he was smiling behind that black mask. I tried to imagine him and it made my knees weak and my chest tight. He took a step forward and held my shoulders with his firm hands. Over the years he had topped me in terms of height and he bent down to my ear level. His touch had sent shivers down my spine, but then I noticed my legs did not tremble anymore. His touch was warm, assuring and oh! I wish I could find a word to describe this beautiful feeling!

"How many times do I have to say a yes just to make you believe that I am yours. And you mine.. Taeng, even after all these years my feelings for you haven't faded. I still remember how you welcomed Kwan and me with open arms and a pure heart. And when I felt down, let it be summer,winter or thunder you would always wait for me at our secret hideout.. You.. You were always there for me.."

"And where did YOU disappear! Do you know how much I longed for you? I kept staring at the door hoping that you would show up! But no never did! Why?" Tears threatened my eyes, I sniffed and tried to calm myself. This was the best day of my life and I did not want to make it sad. But at the same time I needed answers..

"I am so sorry.. I had drifted to a faraway land.. But now I am back just for you and I promise that you will treasure this night for the rest of your life!" Saying so wiped he wiped my wet cheeks and pulled me into a hug. I did not hesitate and wrapped my arms around him. At that moment, I realized how thin his frame was. Since childhood itself Baekhyun was extremely energetic and ate comparatively less. But if he was still the same then it was a serious issue. I mentally promised myself that I will talk to him about it later..

"What is wrong with her? Why is she behaving like that?" I heard a girl whisper. Baekhyun clasped my hand, I could feel his urgency.

"Let's go somewhere else!" Before I could answer we were already walking, I did not know where but it seemed like Baekhyun knew where were heading. There was an eerie silence. Our fingers were interlocked and I slowly rested my head on his left shoulder.. I had always craved to share this moment with someone I loved.. And it was finally happening..

"Why didn't Kwan join us?"

"Well she had some important work." He answered while kicking a stone.

" It has been such a longtime! Has she grown taller than me? I hope not! Oh also does she still like him? Ah I really wanted to meet her!"I exclaimed with closed eyes, just then I felt Baekhyun's index finger on my lips. His left hand was around my waist and he pulled me closer to him, due to our height difference my back was slightly arched and I had to stand on my toes.