Chapter Eleven

"I'm in love with you!" She cried out "And I know you love me too because" She could feel her eyes start to water "Because I just know"
"What?" When Evelyn heard Alessia's response, her heart shattered.
"I'm in love with you" She whispered, scared to say it again.
"You- What?" Her expression was pure shock and confusion. Not happiness and joy. "And you think I love you?"
"I know you do"
"Yeah, well you're mistaken" She turned "I'm sorry, you're in love with me?"
"Yes! Well, I think so" She spluttered "I am! But it's so confusing"
"You're not even sure!" She laughed sarcastically "Evelyn, I really like you but I'm just not in love with you."

Evelyn had spent the next week in her house. She stopped going anywhere. Whenever she needed something from the shop, she'd just get an Uber Eats. She worked from home even though Tony specifically asked her to come in. Even though she didn't want to annoy him after she almost lose her job, she stayed home. She'd obviously been heartbroken before, that's not the problem. The problem was she knew Alessia was in love with her, Alessia just didn't seem to know it herself. She'd decided to be a hermit until she had enough money to move. It felt like the end of the world. She was content with sitting in her bedroom doing her work, but life is never that simple.

She had almost finished her article, she was quite proud of it.
It was about Russo and her's relationship. It was more of a gossip piece than a factual football article. But that didn't matter.
She'd named it  'The Lioness And Me' 
She'd decided to go for a simple title. One that sounded like a book cover, to grab people's eyes. She had written the story, all that was left was the final touches. She planned on doing them today but Tony made her go to the Leicester City against Arsenal game. She'd missed out on the Bristol City one the week prior, due to crying her eyes out.

So that's how she ended up on a crowded train to Leicester. The train was packed full of Arsenal fans who were very jovial, occasionally breaking into chants. This made it difficult to focus on her work. Evelyn was also running on about 4 hours of sleep and 3 coffees. She'd lost sleep due to crying and then thinking about Alessia and crying some more.
"Alright love, how's it going" A seemingly already drunk man sat down next to her, "You going to the match?"
"Yeah, I am" She tried to avoid eye contact with the man but it was rather difficult as he was basically cuddling her.
"Why aren't you wearing a jersey?" He cried out, seemingly in shock at the lack of a football shirt.
"It's for work" She muttered, looking out the window at the passing scenery.
"Work?? Ooh I'd fucking love to go to football matches for work" He swore, swinging a bottle around that was probably filled with beer "Are you a journalist or a photographer?"
"Journalist"
"Aye class, is that your work laptop?" He tried to grab it out of Evelyn's hands. "Come on lovey, loosen up"
"I'm fine" She put the laptop in her bag and went back to looking out the window.
"Lovely countryside but the view here is much better"
She turned to look at him, cringing internally at the bad pickup line "Cheers mate but do you mind if I get past? Need the toilet" She didn't. She just needed an escape from the leary man.
"Can I come with you?"
"No"

Evelyn spent the rest of the journey in a seperate carriage. She didn't have a seat but it was worth it to get away from that man.
The train pulled into the station and the majority of the passangers poured out in a wave of red. The station was about a 15 minute walk from the stadium so she set off in hopes of getting a coffee on the way.

"Number 15 Katie McCabe" The stadium continued to clamour in excitement as the lineups were announced
"Number 12 Frida Maanum"
"Number 19 Caitlin Foord"
"Number 23 Alessia Russo"
There was an uproar of applause and shouts as the players came out onto the pitch. Being at work, Evelyn was obviously at the front. By Leicesters goal to be exact.
The whistle blew and the match started. The first 20 minutes were very boring, a few attempts at a goal but nothing good.
There was a few minutes where they stopped playing as the medics tended to a Leicester player. During those minutes the Arsenal coach gave them a talking to and sent them back out. They got on task finally and started advancing towards goal. Little passed over to Russo who skimmed past defenders and buried the ball deep into the net. Before Alessia could recognise who was sat by the goal her teammates swarmed her and jumped over eachother, trying to get to the blonde girl. They all went back to their places, Alessia being the last. She quickly made eye contact with Evelyn before leaving to get back to her position. Leicester started regaining possesion and got a goal a minute before half time.
Evelyn went to get a drink during half time and got back to her seat just after the players came out. Arsenal got close again a few times but they all got saved or intercepted.
The match finished 2-1 to Leicester, who ended up being the better team in the 2nd half.
She didn't want to leave and the stadium was pretty empty now. A few fans hanging around incase the players came back out to sign shirts. Evelyn was hoping that Alessia would, she wanted to see her again, even if it meant a second round of heartbreak. The players did come back out after a few minutes, armed with pens.
"Evelyn!" An Irish voice called her "Evelyn"
"Hey Katie" Smiling at the shorter girl "You alright?"
"Yeah, yeah" She started signing shirts before circling back to Evelyn "And you?"
"Good as I can be, anyway won't be keeping you" Waving at the brunette she gathered her things and headed up the steps to the exit. She heard the chatter die down as the footballers went back in and the fans all vacated.
She headed out to the parking lot and waited for her Uber.
"Evelyn" A distant voice caught her attention "Evelyn I've ran out here then back to the pitch then back here looking for you so just give me your time" The blonde girl pleaded as she ran closer to Evelyn.
"I don't want to talk"
"Please" Alessia looked like she was about to cry "Please, I really need to talk to you"
"I have nothing to say to you and my taxi is almost here" She looked down at her phone.
"How long until it's here?"
"Two minutes"
"Please just listen to me" She was shaking and as much as Evelyn hated her right now, she also still loved her.
"Fine, two minutes"
"Thank you" She panted, trying to regain her breath "Fuck, okay. I'm a stupid idiot Evelyn and you were right" She laughs "I was sure what you was talking wasn't true but not being able to talk and not seeing you for the past week it's just- I don't even know but-"
"Alessia, if you mean it just say it for fucks sake"
"I'm in love with you Evelyn" Laughing even more "I'm a fool I know but I really do. I love you"
"Kiss me you silly, silly footballer"
Alessia wrapped her hands around the brunettes waist and pulled her close. Evelyn brought her arms around her neck and pulled her down. This time was different than all the other kisses they had shared. This one felt free, felt like there was nothing stopping their love. 
"I really fucking hate you" Evelyn murmered still immersed in the kiss, her stomach in knots and her fingers intertwined with Alessia's let down hair. "You really hurt me"
"I know, I'm stupid" Alessia taps her fingers on her lower back "We need to go soon"
"I don't want to, I want to stay here forever"
Pulling away, the blonde never lets go of her waist, afraid to let her go.
"That's my taxi" Evelyn nods towards a car "What time are you back tonight?"
"Like ten probably" She laughs "Can I come over tomorrow?"
"You better" Smiling at her "I'll even get you a key"
She presses a quick kiss to Alessia cheek before sprinting towards the taxi.
As soon as she opens the door she texts Marie

Evelyn
MARIE OMFG GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Marie
This is a welcome break from heartbroken Evelyn

Evelyn
SO I WENT TO THE MATCH THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT AND OH MY GOD!!

Marie
Did she apologise

Evelyn
Even better, she told me she feels the same and we kissed

Marie
Awhh my little Evelyn's got her first girlfriend

Evelyn
Shut up but I'm literally shaking I can't believe this

___________________________________
A/N
New text style, it doesn't look as good but it is easier and doesn't break!
So, they finally admitted their feelings for eachother!! I don't know how I'm gonna do the next chapters buttt this book is FAR from done.
And I'm still buzzed about 2K reads so cheers darlings x