Chapter 1

This chapter is for ImClassySlay. It meant a lot to me to know that you liked my original work and wanted more. Thank you.

--------------------------------------

Percy had been a god for two years. Specifically, he was the god of elements, peace, and heroes. He lived in a large palace on Olympus and had Elemental servants willing to do anything for him. He had everything one could ever want... and he hated it.

See, Percy had never wanted to become a god. Especially not right after watching his best friend go up in a ball of flames to take down his great grandmother. No, he wanted to die one day and go to Elysium, where his ex-boyfriend, Luke, would be waiting for him. He wanted to grow old and maybe fall in love again. He didn't even want to watch his family and friends die around him, yet he was now doomed to do so.

Which was why he was moping.

Now, his family, the gods, were getting concerned for him. Poseidon, his father, was especially concerned about his behavior. See, he was his favorite son and he couldn't stand to see him moping about. He did everything he could to cheer him up, but it wasn't working. He didn't quite understand what had Percy so sad, but he was determined to make it better.

Artemis felt bad for Perseus. The man was the only respectable male she knew, other than Nico di Angelo, perhaps. She knew why he was upset and decided to bring this up to the Council, since she knew that most were worried for him, even if they'd never admit it, but none of them would realize why he was upset because they all thought immortality was a blessing.

"Something is wrong with Perseus," Zeus said worriedly at the next weekly council meeting. While Zeus had originally despised the Son of Poseidon, he had grown to care for him as a nephew.

Artemis rolled her eyes. "Being a god has never been what he wanted, Father," she said. "He has never wanted immortality. He doesn't want to watch his friends die."

Zeus frowned. "Well, what can we do to help him? I'm not changing him back into a mortal."

While everyone thought about this, Apollo came up with a brilliant plan. "What if we made a way for him to keep his friends?"

Zeus turned to his son. "How do you suggest that?" he asked.

Athena's eyes lit up in understanding. "Oh, that's brilliant!"

Apollo smiled smugly at the praise as he explained his idea. "You know how Arty's Hunt is partially immortal and their job is to hunt down monsters and protect women? Percy could make a similar group for his friends. Different goals, of course, but on the same basis."

Zeus nodded slowly. "I suppose I could allow this. There will be rules, but you're right. This is just what Perseus needs."

"Please don't tell me you're going to make him a virgin god," Aphrodite pleaded. "He's much too gorgeous for that."

Zeus shook his head. "No," he said.

Aphrodite smiled brightly. She didn't personally want Percy, as she had Ares, but she had needed to make sure Zeus was going in the right direction. Percy needed a little nudge in the romance department, and Aphrodite planned to get him together with the person who he was meant for. Manipulating Zeus to assist her plans unknowingly was a cakewalk.

"So, it's decided?" Artemis said. "Perseus has leave to build a group like my Hunt, but different?"

Zeus nodded. "He can't have over forty members and he has to have an oath of loyalty sworn before they can join."

"When should we tell him?"

"I think Artemis should tell him as soon as possible," Hermes said. "He'll trust her judgement the most on this matter, as she has her own Hunt."

Artemis nodded with a small smile. She would love to see the happiness in her cousin's eyes when she informed him of this. It would make not killing Apollo for calling her "Arty" worth it.

The council meeting went on for a while longer as they discussed the matters of Olympus and their domains. After Percy had become a god, he whipped the Council into shape with harsh words. He told them off for not doing their jobs properly, and, ever since then, they had held productive meetings once a week.

After the meeting, Artemis flashed to Perseus's temple. She knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

"Artemis? How can I help you?" he asked when he opened the door. He was wearing a loose tank top and a pair of sweatpants. His hair was slightly wet and curly, as if he'd just exited the shower.

Artemis smiled widely. "I think this is more of how I can help you."

Percy regarded the goddess skeptically before sighing and letting her inside. After they were both seated, he asked, "So, how are you helping me?"

"Apollo approached the Council with a proposal," she said. "A new group, like the Hunt, but with different purposes. Zeus has given you full reign for creating the group, so long as you keep the members under forty and they swear an oath of loyalty to you before joining."

Percy's jaw fell open. "You're serious?"

Artemis smiled kindly and nodded.

A large grin spread over his face. "I can choose anyone I want?"

"This is your group. You get to design the uniforms, write the oath, recruit members, everything."

Percy's eyes filled with happy tears, but he didn't let them fall. "Thank you!"

Artemis smiled at him. "Let me know if you need assistance," she said. "I would be more than willing to give you a few pointers on how to get started."

He nodded. "I'd appreciate that. I don't want to mess this up."

"Then let's get started."